2023 F-150 Adds Rattler Off-Road Package | Budget Friendly Performance

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
2023 F-150 Adds Rattler Off-Road Package | Budget Friendly Performance

F150_Rattler_001.jpg
  • Expressive style inside and out plus exceptional off-road prowess in the new Rattler package introduces adventure-seeking customers to a unique blend of capability and value in the F-150 lineup
  • New package for 2023 F-150 is based off the XL series, with FX4 content featuring skid plates, hill descent control, specially tuned off-road shock absorbers, plus electronic rear-locking differential for enhanced traction and greater confidence over tough terrain; rugged all-terrain tires ensure versatility and capability.
  • Bold exterior features painted 18-inch aluminum wheels, F-150 Rattler badging on fender vents, rattlesnake-inspired graphics and a dual exhaust system, while unique interior accents make for distinctive style
DEARBORN, Mich., March 29, 2022 – Today Ford introduces the F-150 Rattler, a distinctive, rugged, entry-level addition to its 2023 F-150 lineup for adventure-seeking customers looking for a stylish truck with standard four-wheel drive for exceptional off-road capability.

“Our new F-150 Rattler offers aspiring adventurers an off-road option with expressive looks and capability in one package,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “This truck builds off the F-150 off-road legacy while allowing us to introduce new customers to the right blend of styling and value in the F-150 lineup.”

The F-150 Rattler package is built off the XL series, with FX4 content featuring skid plates to help ensure Built Ford Tough protection for a confident off-road experience, electronic rear-locking differential for enhanced traction, hill descent control for precision throttle and braking on steep descents, and specially tuned off-road shock absorbers for increased stability over tough terrain. In addition, F-150 Rattler features rugged all-terrain tires for versatility and capability.

Distinctive looks reflect the capabilities of the F-150 Rattler package, with a dual exhaust system that combines aggressive styling with a bold sound, plus painted 18-inch aluminum wheels that add to the truck’s solid, sporty stance. F-150 Rattler badging on the fender vents and rattlesnake-inspired graphics amplify its unmistakable appearance.

Onyx seats featuring burnished bronze accents and impeccable stitching match the trim on the instrument panel to create a unique interior in keeping with the desert-inspired theme of the new F-150 Rattler. Exterior colors include Oxford White, Avalanche, Iconic Silver, Carbonized Gray, Antimatter Blue, Stone Gray, Agate Black and Rapid Red TriCoat*.

The 2023 F-150 Rattler goes on sale this fall.

F150_Rattler_002.jpg
F150_Rattler_003.jpg
F150_Rattler_004.jpg
F150_Rattler_005.jpg
F150_Rattler_006.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Better way to offer an off road truck with less features that may help keep the cost lower.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Based on current pricing I'm guessing MSRP will be around $45-50k. The higher end is based on an STX (to get the better wheels on an XL) so the Rattler may come in under that since the styling is more in-line with the base XL.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Not much unique for the tremor f150 body wise I guess. Three different trucks get that hood and 2 get the exhaust out the back bumper

I can see where this would be popular

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Ford tends to do this. Why not offer a budget Tremor package instead? Why the need for another truck model?
It's just going to confuse buyers at some point.

For example, the Tremor is a package for the Ranger and F250, yet a stand alone model for the F150.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
This seems like a very clever way to deal with the ongoing chip shortage and supply chain issues.
Very curious as to why you think that way. I see your answer above but will a few less features make enough of a difference considering it still uses enough of a HTF item?

If one orders an F150 and it isn't on a lot and needs to be built, what is the average wait time today?

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Very curious as to why you think that way. I see your answer above but will a few less features make enough of a difference considering it still uses enough of a HTF item?

If one orders an F150 and it isn't on a lot and needs to be built, what is the average wait time today?
It’s almost impossible to say as it’s highly option dependent but if you have much for tech I’d count on 6 months. I see guys on the f150 forum that don’t have a vin almost 6 months later

When my uncle ordered his 250 from Nick it was usually 6 months wait. He ordered his “broke bitch edition” and it was in his driveway in 90 days

LSwat

Established Member
This is pretty much exactly what my Dad has been shopping for to replace his 2014.
Same, the ole 2014 XL is due for an upgrade. Interested to see how this plays out price wise and what incentives will be at that time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Same, the ole 2014 XL is due for an upgrade. Interested to see how this plays out price wise and what incentives will be at that time.

His is a 2014 XLT. The cab corners and rockers have seen better days, but with 165,000 miles on the clock it has been relatively trouble free.

Users who are viewing this thread