2023 Honda Civic Type R | MotorWeek First Drive

TORQUERULES

Established Member
My wife and I went back and forth last night on it and eventually decided the old one looked more... correct?

The last one grew on me so hard that I could actually see myself driving one. I don't know why, it's probably because it's a nut job of a car and it looks the part too.

And I agree with everyone GR>this.
I HATE, HATE, HATE Toyotas, but the GR Corolla is going to be a hoot. It looks decent too.

SHOdown220

Established Member
My wife and I went back and forth last night on it and eventually decided the old one looked more... correct?

The last one grew on me so hard that I could actually see myself driving one. I don't know why, it's probably because it's a nut job of a car and it looks the part too.

And I agree with everyone GR>this.

They never really grew on me, and I see them all the time at work. It’s not the front or even the side, it’s the rear, it’s just too busy for my taste. But that’s about the only complaint I’ve got, they drive great, and have seemed to be quite reliable. Only real issue I’ve came across is one with a knocking engine that was traded into carvana and then brought to us. It was pretty evident the car was previously modified and traded right after something went… wrong.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I was heavily considering this car but the adm that stealerships want kills it. I would only be willing to pay retail at 44-45k. Anything above that is crazy for a civic imo.

4.698gt

Established Member
I was heavily considering this car but the adm that stealerships want kills it. I would only be willing to pay retail at 44-45k. Anything above that is crazy for a civic imo.
With the direction the govt is pushing cars, do you(or anyone for that matter) see any sort of performance car becoming more desirable or just your rwd/awd models more so?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Yes and no.

Honda “Performance” models of the 90’s that were well kept go for BIG money today.

They are the foreign versions of absurdly expensive Fords like Broncos and notch fox body’s.

Look at prices for a clean, low mile s2000 or a 2000 Civic Si, or a late 90s GSR integra.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yes and no.

Honda “Performance” models of the 90’s that were well kept go for BIG money today.

They are the foreign versions of absurdly expensive Fords like Broncos and notch fox body’s.

Look at prices for a clean, low mile s2000 or a 2000 Civic Si, or a late 90s GSR integra.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

As much as it is/was despised, Honda's engineering has always been above an beyond. They didn't keep up with the horsepower wars but they built a strong legacy through good engineering and potential alone basically.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Too bad the Fiesta ST wasn’t still in the mix. A performance bargain (at half the price) compared to the Type R.

Users who are viewing this thread