20k over

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Just got a call from one of the dealer we called for our name to be on the waiting list. They want 20k over msrp for either the gt350 or R and we said no, 5k i've always thought was the norm which i believe is what most of the dodge dealers are doing now with the hellcats.

dynasty_365

Established Member
Just sad man. Like I refuse to pay that for a car. Then u can't finance it. U would have to get a seperste loan. That's crazy what they are asking or adm on these cars.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Just sad man. Like I refuse to pay that for a car. Then u can't finance it. U would have to get a seperste loan. That's crazy what they are asking or adm on these cars.

not the case fortunately I can afford the car out right just don't think the dealers should pocket off us. Who the f are they

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Local dealer Brad? I can tell you a story about one when I was looking at GT500's when they first came out. PM me if you want.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
no not local just one of the random dealers we called running the rush to put everyone name down on one. This is the 2nd call we have got which seems more of a feeler for if we would except the 20k. Both different dealers said "ok thank you for the information, we will go back to our sales manager to let them know you would not be willing to pay that amount of price over msrp". Seriously its sad that they are making money of of people and not doing jack for it. Only one that should make a lot of coin is Ford.

On a funny note I just sold my 03 cobra for about what they were asking for over msrp. so sad.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I hope if you could afford it you'd still refuse to pay it.

Its all relative, not saying I'm going to pay that just saying all my cars (toys) I've owned and purchased I've never thought i was going to gain money 99.99 percent of us lose money on cars. Its a hobby an expensive one :)

MADGREEK

Established Member
I call a local dealer a few months ago about the 350R. I was 1st on the list, and this morning I got a call for a 350R with Electric package ready to order for just $116,000. I told them does that include a regular 350. He say no its a 50k mark up. I said thanks but no thanks call me went the mark up comes down to 5k to 10k over.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I call a local dealer a few months ago about the 350R. I was 1st on the list, and this morning I got a call for a 350R with Electric package ready to order for just $116,000. I told them does that include a regular 350. He say no its a 50k mark up. I said thanks but no thanks call me went the mark up comes down to 5k to 10k over.

Pretty much exactly what i said to buddy, f them for grabbing that much of money for flipping it.

bpmurr

Established Member
The 50th LE got dealers cocky. The problem is right off the bat the 2016 GT350 will have double if not triple the production of the 50th LE.

Buyers of the 50th LE are also finding out quickly that they don't have much more value then a regular GT in a trade or private sale.

Don't feed the ADM beast!

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
The 50th LE got dealers cocky. The problem is right off the bat the 2016 GT350 will have double if not triple the production of the 50th LE.

Buyers of the 50th LE are also finding out quickly that they don't have much more value then a regular GT in a trade or private sale.

Don't feed the ADM beast!

As much as i love the 50th do to the color (my first mustang was painted WW) its just a gt. Honestly I'm already looking at different brand vehicles at the moment fighting over getting a vehicle at an unknown price is just not in my dna its silly, rather have a GT3 at the moment. Sad but i'm not feeling the stick either, can't believe wait yes i can that ford doesn't release this r model with a dual clutch trans.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
As much as i love the 50th do to the color (my first mustang was painted WW) its just a gt. Honestly I'm already looking at different brand vehicles at the moment fighting over getting a vehicle at an unknown price is just not in my dna its silly, rather have a GT3 at the moment. Sad but i'm not feeling the stick either, can't believe wait yes i can that ford doesn't release this r model with a dual clutch trans.

The Dual clutch trans is the reason cars like the used F430 (6speed) go for twice as much as the F1 version. 997 GT3 are holding value extremely strong after the 991 GT3 announced PDK only. This is driving many enthusiasts away. In fact many of the Ferrari and Porsche forums are littered with threads about the new GT350 and how it's coming with a 6 speed only - that's already becoming a much higher demand transmission among enthusiasts. I personally have driven numerous dual clutch vehicles including the 911 Turbo PDK and 911 GTS PDK - they were some of the most boring cars around - and PDK is considered the best. 6speed is leagues more fun.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
depends on where you live and your goals i guess, if i lived back in NJ I'd be all over a stick living in Florida its dual clutch land. Regarding the PDK so far its the best dct I've driven, the M6 wasn't to bad but not on par with the PDK haven't driven a ZF yet but i doubts its as good.

Sticks are getting aged, with the amount of power cars are making these days and wanting continual forward movement uninterrupted is wrong? I truly believe people wanting sticks are people not wanting to allow change, not to discredit what you have experienced just saying its what is needed to move the cars faster and control launches etc etc etc... If you saying its a feel thing and you can road curse better etc then why doesn't formula 1 cars have sticks? Boring I guess but its technical faster and is this what performance enthusiasts want right?? better faster unless I'm missing something if i am then now manufacture shouldn't focus on making more power and design faster motors since consumers want slower vehicles joking of course :coolman:. I do not think anyone will argue with the fact that a DTC can shift and rev match faster then with a stick shift so is this a performance increase? Its like saying i don't want the faster motor. There is no changing progression of technology, same with electric steering / brakes, there is no going back. Only thing the car manufactures are holding on to is the thing that the guys are holding on and wiggling around for dear life lol. Don't get me wrong I love driving stick but its not the best its in the mind.

Back to the GT350, I think it would be a sick ride with a 7 or 8 speed DCT especially with the high revving motor.

Regarding the stick becoming or staying strong with enthusiasts, i strongly disagree when it comes to the Hellcat. Most everyone that is ordering and wanting the 8 speed DCT, Dodge can't make that trans fast enough. I've almost pulled the trigger on a few hellcats but all were sticks, the dealers are saying yeah we know we and our customers wish they were the 8spd's but can't get them right now. Personally i'm wondering how long that dtc will hold up to that heavy beast making that amount of power stock... time will tell.

Only thing that will be super boring is when car come with constant velocity transmission, then life will suck since we will not hear the sifting mind as well have electric cars at that point.

for the massing enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5DRCTW-Q7o

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
Sticks are getting aged, with the amount of power cars are making these days and wanting continual forward movement uninterrupted is wrong? I truly believe people wanting sticks are people not wanting to allow change, not to discredit what you have experienced just saying its what is needed to move the cars faster and control launches etc etc etc...

I don't think so. For most purists its driver involvement and feel, more than anything. Let's be honest, 99% of the owners aren't going to be wheel to wheel racing or competing in time attacks/Time trials/etc, so the few tenths/seconds you might save don't really mean much at the end of the day unless you are one of those real track day heros that think HPDE lap times come with a trophy at the end of the day.

Regarding the stick becoming or staying strong with enthusiasts, i strongly disagree when it comes to the Hellcat. Most everyone that is ordering and wanting the 8 speed DCT, Dodge can't make that trans fast enough. I've almost pulled the trigger on a few hellcats but all were sticks, the dealers are saying yeah we know we and our customers wish they were the 8spd's but can't get them right now. Personally i'm wondering how long that dtc will hold up to that heavy beast making that amount of power stock... time will tell.
Most hellcat guys are going to drag the cars, where a few 1/10s will make a difference to them for internet/local fame, so I full understand those guys going for a DCT. Big difference between a 11-12 second 1/4 mile run a 1:30-2:30 lap around a road coarse

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Regardless who wants what or what is better for what type of driver, all i'm saying is Ford hasn't released a some what affordable dual clutch trans yet to the masses yet like Dodge has done. This is a high end car in today's times I mean carbon fiber wheels blah blah blah and no good (IMO) trans option.. They are slow to that market. Hell its the Americans really, we don't even get rs4 Avants in the US since they don't sell well. I'm the minority LOL

Last edited:

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
depends on where you live and your goals i guess, if i lived back in NJ I'd be all over a stick living in Florida its dual clutch land.

I live in Miami and I disagree. If you would have left it simply at "depends on your goals" then yeah I'd agree. I don't mind driving a stick in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread