20x12 / 325 Square Iconic Silver CFTP GT500

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Measure twice, cut once.

Allen's CFTP has the first and only 20x12 square rotatable wheel setup on the planet. Built using Gloss Gunmetal Signature Wheel SV104. At approximately 23-24 lbs per wheel the car has the factory suspension settings, and stays close to the 19lb OEM carbons. The wheels are wrapped in 325/30/20 Toyo R888R at all four corners. Happy to report that after several hundred miles Allen has experienced no rubbing, and cant wait to see the track camber settings dialed in. We should see this finished off with Exhibitions Of Speed titanium lug nuts soon.

If we are only here to leave footprints in the sand, then I suggest you wear some big shoes.

1-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

1-5.jpg

6-1.jpg

6-2.jpg

6-3.jpg

6-4.jpg

6-5.jpg

6-6.jpg

SV104-GT500-CFTP-Gloss-Gunmetal-Devious-Exposure-20.jpg

SV104-GT500-CFTP-Gloss-Gunmetal-Devious-Exposure-31.jpg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe not my favorites design ever but it still looks pretty awesome. Especially from a little bit of an angle.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
As good as it looks i dont think id want to add 20lbs of unsprung/rotating mass at the wheel ends...

But i drive a Fiesta and ate Olive Garden last night.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
As good as it looks i dont think id want to add 20lbs of unsprung/rotating mass at the wheel ends...

But i drive a Fiesta and ate Olive Garden last night.
With the GT350R or GT500 CFTP you are weighing cost of replacement vs performance. A cumulative 20 lb weight gain, but an extra 3" of overall grip is a trade. As is the cost of a single wheel replacement being $1000 ish vs $3500 ish

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
With the GT350R or GT500 CFTP you are weighing cost of replacement vs performance. A cumulative 20 lb weight gain, but an extra 3" of overall grip is a trade. As is the cost of a single wheel replacement being $1000 ish vs $3500 ish

Understandable, especially at that price point. A few more questions, since im never going to own a GT500....

Are the CFTP wheels wear items in the traditional track car sense? Does Ford have a replacement interval?

Could you make an aluminum wheel the same size which would equal the same weight(or as close as possible - within a lb or so?)

Does the extra weight/tire width on the wheel ends add to the steering effort or turn in response?

Grey03

Established Member
Understandable, especially at that price point. A few more questions, since im never going to own a GT500....

Are the CFTP wheels wear items in the traditional track car sense? Does Ford have a replacement interval?

Could you make an aluminum wheel the same size which would equal the same weight(or as close as possible - within a lb or so?)

Does the extra weight/tire width on the wheel ends add to the steering effort or turn in response?

This is a great article about the difference between carbon wheels and aluminum. Does Wheel Stiffness Affect Performance? We test Carbon Revolution's Carbon Fiber Wheels - MotoIQ

I don't understand why someone would replace the carbon wheels with aluminum.. If you don't want the carbon wheels buy a base car. The car was designed for carbon wheels and adding aluminum wheels completely changes the handling of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread