ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Is the number of Text Messages my 13 (almost 14 yr old) daughter had last month. Send and Receive.

HOw about you guys? She's had a 15,000 month before too.

Thank goodness for unlimited txts. T-Mobile is having a text competition for teens and she wants to be in on it. It's for speed. Her friends are constantly amazed at how fast she can text and no one that she knows is even close.

I used have speed text comp. with her, and we used to be pretty even. She's gotten faster, and I've got a new phone....so, yeah.

What about all you parents or whoever?

stangin99

Established Member
13 year olds get cellphones now?

Christ. I text a lot, and I think I maybe send 300 a month.

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
Wow. I didn't get my phone until I was 18. o_O

I think the most I've ever sent/received has been right around 1,000. I just don't like this new POS phone I have. My V60 I could text super-fast without looking. This thing has small people buttons and I evidently have big thumbs, because I try to hit 'e' and I hit ABORT MESSAGE.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
She's had a cell phone for a while. She did extra curricular activities and walked 2 miles home. In today's world, I'm ok with it. Her G-ma pays the bill. As soon as her grades drop or there are issues, it's taken away. Since it's her 'life' now, that makes a HUGE difference in her attitude. LOL She's a great kid though. Out of a class of 350+, she promoted 8th grade as one of 35 that had million words read, posted 3.5+gpa for the year and is starting HS in Geometry (could have been Alg. 2 or trig, but she slacked a tad in 7th grade. LOL).

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Is the number of Text Messages my 13 (almost 14 yr old) daughter had last month. Send and Receive.

HOw about you guys? She's had a 15,000 month before too.

Thank goodness for unlimited txts. T-Mobile is having a text competition for teens and she wants to be in on it. It's for speed. Her friends are constantly amazed at how fast she can text and no one that she knows is even close.

I used have speed text comp. with her, and we used to be pretty even. She's gotten faster, and I've got a new phone....so, yeah.

What about all you parents or whoever?

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

I don't think I even have that much to say in a month...

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Wow, that's a lot of texting. I text all the time (it's how people communicate here) and only send out about 6000. She must absolutely LIVE on her phone.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
She's had a cell phone for a while. She did extra curricular activities and walked 2 miles home. In today's world, I'm ok with it. Her G-ma pays the bill. As soon as her grades drop or there are issues, it's taken away. Since it's her 'life' now, that makes a HUGE difference in her attitude. LOL She's a great kid though. Out of a class of 350+, she promoted 8th grade as one of 35 that had million words read, posted 3.5+gpa for the year and is starting HS in Geometry (could have been Alg. 2 or trig, but she slacked a tad in 7th grade. LOL).

Sounds quite reasonable. :thumbsup:

bscarberry

Established Member
I usually send about 2500 a month now... I used to never text anyone but it's much more efficient when you're trying to have multiple conversations

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
after reading this I checked my phone and I have 54 texts, sent and recieved today and its barely noon :lol1:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I am at the big goose egg. I can't stand it. I wonder if she'll get carpotunnel?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I don't even know how many I send/receive. Not very many now that Kyle has a blackberry because we just use blackberry messenger.

oldmodman

Established Member
If I had a young daughter that sent & received 21,000 text messages a month I would be jumping for joy.

21000 text messages leaves no time for SEX!

Users who are viewing this thread