26 Spline Input shaft availability?

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
Does anyone have a solid lead on the availability of one of these things? I just received my RXT and all I'm missing now is the 26 spline shaft to get started! I've called around and cannot seem to get an eta from anyone! Help!!!

Thanks SVTP!!

NMB2

Established Member
Lethal had mine in stock. Their shipping is a little on the slow side in comparison to many other vendors, but they have decent deals and availability.

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
Lethal had mine in stock. Their shipping is a little on the slow side in comparison to many other vendors, but they have decent deals and availability.

When did you order yours? I just spoke to Jared on Friday and he said they're super backordered with no real ETA for them.

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
5 months ago..... guess things have changed.

Yep....NOBODY has them right now ( makes sense since i just bought a 26 spline RXT lol ).... I can wait, I just wish someone had an idea when they will be available!!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Yep!
If you click on 'product description' it says not available at this time though.

That's cuel :nonono:

It would be best to call both D&D and Liberty directly and hound them. I think D&D makes their own I'm not sure where Liberty sources them. If enough demand is there someone will make a set. If they are coming from Tremec they may have stopped the flow in order to get people to buy a Magnum which wouldn't surprise me. This is the only mod the T56 really needs why would someone not keep it on the shelf :(

SlowSVT

Established Member
russ, per pat at anaheim gear (local tremec dealer), d&d = tremec.

#tufm-6132

It sounds like someone needs to make a phone call to Tremec and find out if they plan on another run of Cobra T56 shafts. It could be a wait that never happens if they discontinued this part. The 10 spline shaft relegates the T56 to < 500 hp car :nonono:

cj428mach

Established Member
waffleman has one being shipped from Dederich Motorsports (recommended by Tremect) as we speak. We should know shortly what kind of quality it is.

mormonstang

Established Member
I know everyone hates the waiting game but if you want an actual tremec part it will be coming out again unlike what other people like to gossip
zv3BWSj.png

masterjr33

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-26-spline-Input-Shaft-Email-from-tremec-2-20

Original email:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1047843-26-spline-input-shaft

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...t-availability

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...hafts-machined

WE as a community know there is a problem gettin 26 spline shafts right now.

we have been contacting you and getting different answers.

Care to step in and help the mustang community with a direct answer on this?

I am sure everyone would appreciate it.

Every month we get told "3-4 weeks" by a tremec rep.
since november.

these are just some of the posts.

Please advise.
I need a 26 spline input shaft for my 04 Cobra.

Email received

After your request I did some investigating at the plant to get a concrete delivery plan, with some help from others and the manufacturing team they have Given us a Build schedule for next month. I would recommend reserving one with a distributor to be sure you receive one.

March
50 pieces first week to ship to distributors.
120 Pieces avail second week to ship to distributors
80 Pieces third week of march. Shipped to distributors.
And the balance of orders second week of April. 8 pieces.

cj428mach

Established Member
I think the best option right now is the modified fbody shaft. Several people are running them, and my friend Waffleman got his "all new 1 piece cobra specific input shaft" from Dederich and it looks like a modified Fbody shaft. It doesn't have the taper on the splines like the Tremec one.

weaselp1

Established Member
I think the best option right now is the modified fbody shaft. Several people are running them, and my friend Waffleman got his "all new 1 piece cobra specific input shaft" from Dederich and it looks like a modified Fbody shaft. It doesn't have the taper on the splines like the Tremec one.

Do you have a pic of it? How long are the splines? Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread