26-Spline Input Shaft

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
cool, I ordered one also. I think it gets made next week some time so maybe ill have it the second week of feb.

Thanks for the pics

what did you have done to make the mcleod custom

Jeff

dougwg

Established Member
Craig, Paul and the rest of the guys at Liberty do some nice work, don't they!?! :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm interested in what you had done custom to the clutch as well. The input shaft is sweet!

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Im also interested in the clutch your getting. I plan on using a McLeod as well, did you go with an alum or steel flywheel?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
I went with Alum. fly wheel

my reasons for going with aluminum flywheel was to not shock the car as hard when powershifting. or thats the idea anyway

NightEnforcer

Established Member
I am waiting on the seeing the how the McLeod works. I have my 26 spline ready to go. I haven't decided on a clutch yet. Why did you choose McLeod? Thanks

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by vector
cool, I ordered one also. I think it gets made next week some time so maybe ill have it the second week of feb.

Thanks for the pics

what did you have done to make the mcleod custom

Jeff

i called up D&D Performance to order the McLeod twin-disc clutch setup + TOB + Steel flywheel for a '03 Cobra with a 26-spline input shaft. They only carry 10-spline versions in stock. 26-spline versions have to be custom built.

Just got the invoice today, it will be shipping Monday (2/2), which means i'll have it mid-to-late next week. Can't wait. :)

Originally posted by vector
I went with Alum. fly wheel

my reasons for going with aluminum flywheel was to not shock the car as hard when powershifting. or thats the idea anyway

Originally posted by NightEnforcer
I am waiting on the seeing the how the McLeod works. I have my 26 spline ready to go. I haven't decided on a clutch yet. Why did you choose McLeod? Thanks

Mainly because i don't want to ever have to buy a clutch again. :D
No, i did a lot of research and the top two for our cars seem to be the McLeod and the Centerforce D/F. HAMMER on ModularFords.com swears by the McLeod, and he has been through more clutches than most of us combined. The Centerforce D/F was my first choice, because it's a little more streetable, but i figured i'll build it once and build it right.

I went with a steel flywheel for two reasons:
1) I'm already doing the 26-spline input shaft, so i don't have to worry about that twisting/snapping. T-56 should have no problem handling my power levels.
2) I hear the bog (when launching) isn't as bad with a steel flywheel... has to do with some physics mumbo-jumbo. ;)

ModularFords.com is an awesome resource for clutch research. That's where i found most of my information.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread