2nd Annual Terminator Shootout Track Rental @ MIR!!!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Just got back home too, left this morning at 6am and got about 4hrs into the ride when Brian called me. Only got two hrs sleep last night, I'm beat......going to take a nap.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Just got back home too, left this morning at 6am and got about 4hrs into the ride when Brian called me. Only got two hrs sleep last night, I'm beat......going to take a nap.

I was hoping he would call you!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm back home and a little worn out. I have no voice what so ever and at first my throat didn't hurt. Well now I have no voice and my throat is hurting and I feel like crap. Swine flu anyone lol?

We tried that's for sure.

Good news is I get to watch UK Basketball's Midnight Madness and go Muzzle Loader hunting.:banana:

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
only good thing about this is now i have a chance to fix my car and make the event when it happens

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry the weather canceled this great event. My wife and I actually drove down to Maryland before I found out the event was canceled. We ended up staying the night in Waldorf and drove the 6 hours back to Connecticut this morning. A special "thanks" goes out to everyone who put a lot of time and effort into planning the Shootout. It WILL happen at a later date for sure.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
well lucky me got a day at the local track today for some more 9 sec passes. any word yet on a "rain date"?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
well lucky me got a day at the local track today for some more 9 sec passes. any word yet on a "rain date"?

Nah, soonest I would expect to see anything posted is Monday night. Possibly Tuesday. I'll get a call Monday from MIR with the available dates, if there are any, and then I"ll give Dwight a ring and talk it over with him.

The rain date changes the dynamics of this a bit, because the terminator shootout is Dwight's baby, and the only reason I held the contract for this particular rental date was because it was originally supposed to be something else entirely. My event wasn't looking like it was going to pan out, Dwight needed a date for this shootout, so that's how it happened.

Made for a bit of confusion here and there, because Dwight planned the shootout, but I was MIR's POC for the event. Nothing like being the middle man..lol. It's also the reason there was an index class scheduled to take place at the same time...there were still about 35-40 people who wanted to run in the event I was going to host originally, so we planned to keep both.

If we do another rental, I'm not sure how we'll work it out. But given that most of the interest was surrounding the Terminator shootout, and not the index race, I'd say most of the decisions to be made regarding rain dates will be in Dwight's corner. I know Dwight put a lot of effort into this event, so I just need to talk it over with him once we have some dates in hand to see what's possible.

DocB

Established Member
Well, the first we heard about the cancelation of the whole event was at 9AM Saturday while we were at the front gate waiting for it to open.

As of Friday late morning it was still on, so we left Friday afternoon. Was a long ride down with the weather, traffic, and accidents. Very long.

People who work for a living don't go online during the day.

Since many people come from a long distance away for this event, and travel the day before, my suggestion would be to have a future rain date, and if the event is cancelled, to call it and post up two days in advance, and defer to the rain date.

Just a suggestion.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Nice to meet you at the gate Doc, I was also not able to have internet as I drove straight through from florida to new jersey on thursday night and then right back down to maryland that same (late friday) night. Hope to possibly make this next year, just for the record, the Aqua Camp grounds is not anything close to a campground, RV park at best... was very disappointed to pull up there at 10:30 and see what I saw and know I had to sleep in my car in fear of being attacked haha. I almost took out an amish buggie on 236 north when I turned too soon and missed the track entrance merely 100 yards down the road!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Nice to meet you at the gate Doc, I was also not able to have internet as I drove straight through from florida to new jersey on thursday night and then right back down to maryland that same (late friday) night. Hope to possibly make this next year, just for the record, the Aqua Camp grounds is not anything close to a campground, RV park at best... was very disappointed to pull up there at 10:30 and see what I saw and know I had to sleep in my car in fear of being attacked haha. I almost took out an amish buggie on 236 north when I turned too soon and missed the track entrance merely 100 yards down the road!
Gotta watch out for them Amish buggies. LOL!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Well, the first we heard about the cancelation of the whole event was at 9AM Saturday while we were at the front gate waiting for it to open.

As of Friday late morning it was still on, so we left Friday afternoon. Was a long ride down with the weather, traffic, and accidents. Very long.

People who work for a living don't go online during the day.

Since many people come from a long distance away for this event, and travel the day before, my suggestion would be to have a future rain date, and if the event is cancelled, to call it and post up two days in advance, and defer to the rain date.

Just a suggestion.

so sprry to hear that Doc!

the problem was..up until Midnight thursday night the weather was only a 30% chance of rain. then BAM they changed it to 70%. we decided to make the trek also but I was keeping in contact with Dwight and Jason. about 2.5 hrs into the trip we got the news and I posted it online from my phone hoping some would see. It is unfortunate but the weather was changed while most were on their way. We cant really help that.

DocB

Established Member
Jason and Spyder, it was nice to meet you both.

Hoping to see you at the next event.

mdrc347

Established Member
Why MIR?

I was going to ask this question earlier, but I will ask it now. Why is this event held on the east coast? Just wondering if there is a good reason for this. Most national shootout events are habitually held somewhere in the middle of the country. For instance, the annual LTX shootout is held in Kansas City. This central choice of location would most certainly net more cars due to the more equal driving distance for many people. I would think this location is stopping many people from making the trip, such as big muscle car states like Texas, Nevada, and mostly California. I live in WI, so Maryland is not much farther for me in particular to drive than say Missouri, but I could see how this would be impossible for the southwest or northwest. I know it is impossible to make everyone happy when it comes to location, but this seems like an odd choice at best. I'm sure MIR is a great facility, but I would think a central location would be more important in this case. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Users who are viewing this thread