2nd Annual Terminator Shootout Track Rental @ MIR!!!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^It's put on by MACA or Mid Atlantic Cobra Association and it's pretty much their home. Plus it wouldn't happen if it wasn't for IronTerp and some of the other guys that are members.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
I was going to ask this question earlier, but I will ask it now. Why is this event held on the east coast? Just wondering if there is a good reason for this. Most national shootout events are habitually held somewhere in the middle of the country. For instance, the annual LTX shootout is held in Kansas City. This central choice of location would most certainly net more cars due to the more equal driving distance for many people. I would think this location is stopping many people from making the trip, such as big muscle car states like Texas, Nevada, and mostly California. I live in WI, so Maryland is not much farther for me in particular to drive than say Missouri, but I could see how this would be impossible for the southwest or northwest. I know it is impossible to make everyone happy when it comes to location, but this seems like an odd choice at best. I'm sure MIR is a great facility, but I would think a central location would be more important in this case. Does anyone know the answer to this?

The draw to the East Coast is the DA and running great #'s.

The idea was thrown around a year and half ago between a few individuals. After the great turn out last year and all the hype this year, it has just evolved into a big event.

On a side note, I will also add that the MACA members are awesome :rockon:. Last year when I trailered my car out there I had offers from people I had never met before to stay at their houses.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

yeah, we surely aren't saying it has to be here or anything like that, but hey, Dwight had a great idea last yr and put a hell of an event together then and he wanted to do it again and would be nice to do it every year. not saying others can't put something together somewhere else, just that nobody really did before for just terminators.

MIR is a great track and well maintained and they always put money back into it to make it better. the bathrooms are better than some I have been in at hotels. lol

and as stated, elevation and -DA help out as well.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
On a side note, I will also add that the MACA members are awesome :rockon:. Last year when I trailered my car out there I had offers from people I had never met before to stay at their houses.

Agreed, best group of guys I've met!

yeah, we surely aren't saying it has to be here or anything like that, but hey, Dwight had a great idea last yr and put a hell of an event together then and he wanted to do it again and would be nice to do it every year. not saying others can't put something together somewhere else, just that nobody really did before for just terminators.

MIR is a great track and well maintained and they always put money back into it to make it better. the bathrooms are better than some I have been in at hotels. lol

and as stated, elevation and -DA help out as well.

+1

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Just to update everyone, I still haven't heard from MIR, so I left Jason Miller a message and asked him to hit my cell phone as soon as he had the chance. I'm guessing he's probably very busy with the ford fever stuff for this weekend and just forgot to call me yesterday. In the past he's been excellent about returning my calls, so I doubt this will be any different.

Stay tuned.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I was seriously considering driving up there, but had work...even at Montgomery Motorsports meet got cancelled the week before because of rain...subscribing...Bobby and I might roll up together...
Joe

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well folks, after speaking with Jason Miller at MIR, Fishtail and I have decided to cancel the MACA Track Day/Terminator Shootout for this year. The logistics and risk of scheduling a makeup were a bit much for this go round. Stay tuned for the 2010 Terminator Shootout which will occur in Spring, 2010, (and will be at MIR or Cecil County Dragway.....fo sur!). Sorry for any inconvenience this caused anyone.....Mother Nature got us good this time.

I have 80 Terminator T-shirts that I need to get rid of to keep me out of the poor house. They are Midnight Navy and Crimson, and come in S, M, L, XL, and XXL. Cost is $20 picked up or $21 shipped. If interested, send me a PM. Thanks.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Well folks, after speaking with Jason Miller at MIR, Fishtail and I have decided to cancel the MACA Track Day/Terminator Shootout for this year. The logistics and risk of scheduling a makeup were a bit much for this go round. Stay tuned for the 2010 Terminator Shootout which will occur in Spring, 2010, (and will be at MIR or Cecil County Dragway.....fo sur!). Sorry for any inconvenience this caused anyone.....Mother Nature got us good this time.

I have 80 Terminator T-shirts that I need to get rid of to keep me out of the poor house. They are Midnight Navy and Crimson, and come in S, M, L, XL, and XXL. Cost is $20 picked up or $21 shipped. If interested, send me a PM. Thanks.

at least we know for sure now. Cecil would be interesting because we could rent it for the day if we schedule it eary enough and they have no event...9-5 all day racing

and pm sent for shirts D

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Cecil's a great venue it's in own right. Maybe the best as far as ET capabilities..... But they're strict on tech, even for rentals (SSOTN.....), and not sure about the pricing structure. MIR has been VERY good to us over the past 5 years.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
at least we know for sure now. Cecil would be interesting because we could rent it for the day if we schedule it eary enough and they have no event...9-5 all day racing

and pm sent for shirts D

Yeah, sorry it took so long. It took me a good week to catch Jason Miller and get him on the phone. He was in the middle of running the first day of Ford Fever when he was talking to me tonight, but he at least took the time to talk with me.

Unfortunately the logistics just didn't work out this year, and the weather screwed us bad :(.

I guess I'll go burn up that half tank of C-16 I have now...:burnout:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Shit, Had a feeling this was the way it was heading. I am in fro spring for sure. Dwight, I will PM you for a couple shirts. Thanks for all your effort guys. Just wasn;t in the cards for this season.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Cecil's a great venue it's in own right. Maybe the best as far as ET capabilities..... But they're strict on tech, even for rentals (SSOTN.....), and not sure about the pricing structure. MIR has been VERY good to us over the past 5 years.

Cecil is strict, last year I had a 11.0 pass and they drove right over and told me to put it on the trailer. I don't have to worry about it now but I was pretty bummed at the time.

Dwight, I think Joe already signed us up for shirts. If you have left overs let me know and I may buy a second one. I don't want to see you lose $ on this.

Users who are viewing this thread