2nd Gen Lightning 14" 6 Piston Brakes FS

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I got these Alcon/Baer 6 piston calipers as trade for work I did for Rehagen Racing a couple years ago. I bought the rotors and hats built complete from Brembo then made the hubs from stock rotors and the brackets from scratch on my CNC. The hubs have been powder coated black and the mounting brackets have been anodized black. I got the ceramic pads from Hawk because I couldn't find another company that made a reasonably streetable pad for these calipers since according to the Pelican book they appear to have been used mainly in Trans-Am. Obviously the track pad assortment is alot better :D I also custom built the cooling box that bolts to factory holes in the frame rails. I also fabricated the backing plates from stock plates and some tubing. I've always used 3" RV sewer line without issue. The stainless lines and cooling box were on the truck for most of 30,000 miles and the brake kit was on the truck for about 3,000 miles. Not sure how many are on the calipers though since they were used when I got them. They never leaked on me though and worked superbly!:D I was very impressed with the kit and wouldn't get rid of it but the truck is gone and I have no need to leave them sitting in the garage. This is pretty much the ultimate track setup for a Lightning. Also included is a set of bearings for the hubs, the center stainless line for the rear brakes and a spare set of factory backing plates that haven't been cut up yet. Also the box for the pads is included so that you will know what part number to order for replacing them. If you want it I can also include the part print that I got from Alcon for designing the mounting brackets. I'd like to get $3,000 shipped for everything.

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01706.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

Last edited:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
No offers even? This is a road course proven brake system, you won't find better stuff out there!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
If I decide to do that there is one person ahead of you that asked on NLOC.

Anybody interested in the whole kit shipped for $2500?

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
How about $2000+shipping for just the brakes without the cooling apparatus?

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Payment never sent, now willing to part it out. PM sent to BAMM BAMM.

If anyone else is interested in anything just let me know and I'll figure out how much I want for each piece individually.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I still have everything except the rotor hats (the black piece in the center of the rotor). Not sure how much they will cost you to get them from Brembo. If you can't find any I do have some connections to get them, just not sure what it would cost.

Oh and I'm about an hour north of Grand Rapids, MI.

Last edited:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Sounds good, just let me know and I'll PM or email you my phone number.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I still have everything except the rotors. They are the ones from the Brembo 14" kit though, so you should be able to get new ones from anybody that sells Brembo stuff.

$1500 for everything shown minus the rotors obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread