2nd Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association Organizational Meetin

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
2nd Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association Organizational Meeting

Members of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association,

As most of you know, we are due for another organizational meeting this weekend. The meeting place will be a much more productive environment then that of Hooters, though it was more fun there! However, it’s time to hammer out some issues and we urge all members to attend if possible. The time for this event is yet to be determined, but we will be working with whatever time Dwight sets forth for us. I will be in contact with Dwight so we can quickly determine what time works best for him on Sunday.

We have come up with a few meeting topics and people have given a good amount of input on a few of these. I will bring any and all ideas that have been sent to me to the meeting, but I urge you to think of anything you would like on your own, in terms of topics for discussion. As of right now, the topics for the meeting that will be covered are as follows:

1. MACA Emblem/Insignia
2. Schedule of Events for 2005
3. Amazon Racing's Sponsorship/Relationship with MACA
4. Election of Regional Representatives
5. MACA Website

I feel that we will have our plates full with these topics – especially regarding the schedule of events – but we will tackle any other issues and items as we can.

I hope that most of you will be able to make it, but if not, you will receive meeting minutes just like the ones from our first meeting.

Hope to see all of you there!! Let us know if you will OR will not be in attendance!

Thanks everyone! :beer:

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I'm in. I also just watched the vid. Nice.

Dwight, bring the tentative schedule you listed on a previous thread. If you can lock those events and dates early on, I'm sure many will post on calandars and schedule around them as I will. Awesome initiative, Dwight.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Snake
I'm in. I also just watched the vid. Nice.

Dwight, bring the tentative schedule you listed on a previous thread. If you can lock those events and dates early on, I'm sure many will post on calandars and schedule around them as I will. Awesome initiative, Dwight.

Thanks for the compliment on the video man! I actually thought I could have done better, but I'm still learning.

I have a printed copy of the tentative schedule Dwight devised. I'll be bringing it along with me to the meeting too. Maybe he's changed it a bit since, so hopefully he'll bring his as well.

Originally posted by Blue03Snake
wow 03silververt....you just made my desktop....that picture is absolutly amazing! Well done!

He needs to go to http://www.photobucket.com so he can get rid of those ugly CarDomain.com insignias. :thumbsup:

Try it out, Scott... You'll love it :-D

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Hey Sean, I tried to start up with that site when I took the first meeting photos but they weren't opening new accounts at that time. Today after I saw your post above I went back and now they are only opening accounts during weird times. Don't have time tonight but will get set up soon to do many GTG photo shoots in the future. I'll keep you posted.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Would you all be okay with noon on Sunday for the meeting? We can gather at the New Hampshire Ave Safeway between 11:30 and 12:00 and then caravan to the U of Md. We'll be having the meeting in the Football Complex which sits in the south endzone of Bryd Stadium. Just need to decide on a good place to park......

Blko3SVTCobra
03silvr10thvert
IronTerp
Hissssnsvt
WUTWINE
playwithmysnake
predator
Evan5469
2004svtcobra
BUNKY

If anybody wants to do anything after the meeting, chime in on this thread. I noticed today that Koons of College Park has an 05' Mineral Gray GT that I wouldn't mind checking out.....and there's several places to eat right by the dealership.

Met with my graphic design guy today about the logo and hopefully he'll have some samples that we can butcher/edit for Sunday.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well I'm a step up this time in that I know about this meeting, but I still can't go:(. I'll be in PA for a wedding this weekend, I'm leaving friday night and comming back sunday evening. *sigh*, too many weddings!

This really sucks too, I'd love to see inside the football complex!

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
i will be there

hey guys i will be there on sun,,, wondering where the safeway is,, can you give me directions or mabe i can follow somebody up there

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Bruce, the Safeway is at the New Hampshire (North to White Oak) exit of the Beltway, right after you enter Montgomery County. It's the first exit after the I95 spur to Baltimore. After you exit the Beltway onto New Hampshire, it's about 100 yards on the right.

Evan5469

Established Member
Count me in for this one guys. I will be there. Got the Cobra back up and running better than ever over this past weekend.

Sean, could you send me your cell phone number just in case I get lost? If you don't want to post it here just shoot me an email. Appreciate it.

See you all on Sunday at noon.

TRBO VNM

I'll be there....

not sure about Amazon because they are at SEMA right now and won't be back till friday and I don't think they will be in the shop saturday.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
I'll be there....

not sure about Amazon because they are at SEMA right now and won't be back till friday and I don't think they will be in the shop saturday.

So you've driven her w/ the 6# lower now???? How is it? Night and day? I want to know :-D

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm still in NJ on business and will be here through late Friday night. May not leave till Saturday am. I'll try to make the meeting, but plate is overflowing with being gone all week. Denice is holding down the fort very well, but she's gonna need a break till I get home

predator

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
Bruce, the Safeway is at the New Hampshire (North to White Oak) exit of the Beltway, right after you enter Montgomery County. It's the first exit after the I95 spur to Baltimore. After you exit the Beltway onto New Hampshire, it's about 100 yards on the right.

I am going to plan to be there. Following these directions I should be ok? I'll be driving my F350 blue/silver dually.....if anybody sees me wandering aimlessly. :thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by predator
I am going to plan to be there. Following these directions I should be ok? I'll be driving my F350 blue/silver dually.....if anybody sees me wandering aimlessly. :thumbsup:

Yea, it's looking like I won't be in my Cobra either. I'm taking it to Sheehy in Gaithersburg today for the TOB problem and an out-of-place spring isolator, amongst other things (20K mile check-up, oil-change, brake pads, front-end alignment and POSSIBLY a rear-end alignment). Hopefully, the majority of the work will be covered under warranty. I told them I am not going to be away from my car for more than 3 days this time, because I got the typical "we're waiting on parts" BS last time I had the car in the shop for the TOB fix (2 weeks!!!). Wish me luck fellas :thumbsup:

See you all at the Safeway on Sunday!

Users who are viewing this thread