3.4 whipple crusher belt slip help

Demonio

Established Member
Anyone that has run a 3.8rr upper pulley with a 6lbs lower n able to cure the belt slip on one of this blowers.. I have the rr tensioner n crank it so much that the belt snaps n shread in half.. If I don't do it I only see like 13 psi n car runs way to rich to even be able to get in it...any advice, help would be appreciated.. I have searched for answers but doesn't seem like many use the 3.4 crusher on higher boost app.. The motor is a 4.6 dohc..
I use gates hd belts.. Once cars gets to run for a bit I need to tighten it a lil more everytime cause belts seems to strech out..

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Is it shredding or is it slicing ribs? As big as your pullies are I would think you'd have plenty of wrap. Don't get crazy on cranking the tensioner. You can ruin your main bearing that way.

Demonio

Established Member
It cuts one or 2 ribs from the belt n leaves me with 7 or 6 out f the 8 ribs the pulley has. I was thinking on ordering some vht to put on there as a temporary fix since at the track when using the transbreak is worthless, would it be better to use a stock tensioner?

The ribs it does that to is the 2 closest to the front of car..

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If it's slicing ribs it's an alignment issue. One of your pullies is riding towards the engine compared to the rest I'm guessing.

A little extra tension isn't bad. Just don't go crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread