• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

3.4 whipple crusher belt slip help

Discussion in 'The Blower Bistro' started by Demonio, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Demonio

Demonio Active Member Established Member

Anyone that has run a 3.8rr upper pulley with a 6lbs lower n able to cure the belt slip on one of this blowers.. I have the rr tensioner n crank it so much that the belt snaps n shread in half.. If I don't do it I only see like 13 psi n car runs way to rich to even be able to get in it...any advice, help would be appreciated.. I have searched for answers but doesn't seem like many use the 3.4 crusher on higher boost app.. The motor is a 4.6 dohc..
    I use gates hd belts.. Once cars gets to run for a bit I need to tighten it a lil more everytime cause belts seems to strech out..

2. 01yellercobra

01yellercobra AKA slo984now Established Member

Is it shredding or is it slicing ribs? As big as your pullies are I would think you'd have plenty of wrap. Don't get crazy on cranking the tensioner. You can ruin your main bearing that way.

3. Demonio

Demonio Active Member Established Member

It cuts one or 2 ribs from the belt n leaves me with 7 or 6 out f the 8 ribs the pulley has. I was thinking on ordering some vht to put on there as a temporary fix since at the track when using the transbreak is worthless, would it be better to use a stock tensioner?

The ribs it does that to is the 2 closest to the front of car..

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  4. 01yellercobra

01yellercobra AKA slo984now Established Member

If it's slicing ribs it's an alignment issue. One of your pullies is riding towards the engine compared to the rest I'm guessing.

A little extra tension isn't bad. Just don't go crazy.

5. BADASS03SVT

BADASS03SVT Well-Known Member Established Member

get rid of that manual tensioner! the belt flexes!