3.4 Whipple guys (what fuel rails?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetmech

Established Member
OK Guys I'm in the process of installing a 3.4 Whipple non-crusher, I was wondering what fuel rails everyone is using? I know the division X rails fit but what other rails if any is everyone using with their 3.4, and did it require any grinding on the rails to fit right?

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
Iam using cpr fuel rails, some people say that the angle in witch in pushes down on the injectors causes them to leak. My cpr fuel rails dont have that issue buy my buddy has division x rails on his car and they fit perfect so thats what I would recommend. Both whipple 3.4 cars

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Re: 3.4 Whipple guys

I just got the lethal 1400 rwhp kit. I ordered a 2.9l Whipple. Am I gonna have to grind on my brand new division. X rails?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
3.4 Whipple guys

I just got the lethal 1400 rwhp kit. I ordered a 2.9l Whipple. Am I gonna have to grind on my brand new division. X rails?

Most likely no grinding will be needed. However like Alex (stangfreak) mentioned there are a few people with non crusher 2.9l's that for some reason didn't have enough clearance and need to grind. It's the inlet that varies depending on when it was cast. The rail dimensions have never changed.

Let us know if you have any other question.

Jared

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Re: 3.4 Whipple guys

Jared, thank you for chiming in. Hopefully I will not have to do that. Those rails are a work of art!

jetmech

Established Member
thanks guys, looks like Division X... unless anyone else has another rail they use..

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Just got my 2.9 in. Mocked up everything up and the inlet hit the fuel rail. I took it to work and we measured it and found that was still .075 wall thickness still. We milled off .025 on the bridgeport . Hopefully this will clear the on let now. If not I'm gonna have to take the inlet off and mill that down which I do not want to have to do. Here is a pic.

boost42

AssKicker
Established Member
Bump. So will a new 3.4 Whipple non crusher clear a new set of division x rails?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Non crusher 3.4 here with division x rails. No grinding required. They look and perform awesome.

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
No flame needed here. I didn't mind doing the work. And I did not see that cause I bought the complete 1400 HP kit. I don't think it states that in the kit description. Lethal and division x make / sell great stuff. I know other people with 2.9 crushers also had to grind a not as well. At any rate thanks for the kind words guys!

sent from my rooted galaxy nexus

jetmech

Established Member
I got a smoking deal on Fore rails, so hopefully they will work as Ive been re-assured they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread