3.4 Whipple

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Was planning on doing a 2.9 but I can get a great deal on a 3.4. Stock long block, and plan on doing a 93 tune and E85. Anything I need to watch out for? Can I run the stock lower and still maximize this combo on E85? Will the stock lower be OK? Don't plan on racing it. Just a fun weekend toy. Thanks!

Edit: I know about the hood clerence issue and I'll probably end up notching the hood and I'll also most likely do head studs as well.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Don't cut your hood. Get MM K-member spacer kit (1/2") The 4.0 pulley might/might not rub. If you can run the 3.5 pulley your butter.

I'm on the stock lower. But not on the stock block. GL.
What he said! Solid advice! Is this a crusher setup? The 3.4 is not the best candidate for the 93 tune. I would hope at the very least you would use either torco or boostane. I personally don't trust the meth kits because if it fails...no bueno. The 3.4 will thank you for running e85.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
What he said! Solid advice! Is this a crusher setup? The 3.4 is not the best candidate for the 93 tune. I would hope at the very least you would use either torco or boostane. I personally don't trust the meth kits because if it fails...no bueno. The 3.4 will thank you for running e85.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
regular setup. I'll be running E85 with a 93 tune as a backup.

GodStang

Established Member
I have these spacers on my car and they are nice. The 3.4L is a wonderful blower. Make sure to post up your build/install when you do it we love pics!

Don't cut your hood. Get MM K-member spacer kit (1/2") The 4.0 pulley might/might not rub. If you can run the 3.5 pulley your butter.

I'm on the stock lower. But not on the stock block. GL.

Users who are viewing this thread