3.8 Whipple on 93 octane

cobrainfo1

Established Member
I'm on stock Ps4 tires just got the car back at 1pm literally today my RTD files arent on the cloud yet to switch Tunes so E85 for a few days until we get that straight... I'm rolling into it half throttle on the stock tires and we'll it's a little terrifying lol.

The 14' I had before this wore NT05R's and frankly I loved them hooked really well. So I've placed an order for the NT555R2 315/35/20 Drag radials - they'll be here in just a few days and on the car. Until then I'm a little timid with it... 750whp before didn't prepare me for this like I thought.

cobrainfo1

Established Member
I did send several pictures and a short dyno video to another member here who said he'd help me out posting pictures! Much appreciated thank you...

Also this is the 3rd build I've had HPP Racing do for me an 04' cobra, a 14' GT500 & this 21' GT500 the customer service and attention to detail has been 2nd to none with all the builds done.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm on stock Ps4 tires just got the car back at 1pm literally today my RTD files arent on the cloud yet to switch Tunes so E85 for a few days until we get that straight... I'm rolling into it half throttle on the stock tires and we'll it's a little terrifying lol.

The 14' I had before this wore NT05R's and frankly I loved them hooked really well. So I've placed an order for the NT555R2 315/35/20 Drag radials - they'll be here in just a few days and on the car. Until then I'm a little timid with it... 750whp before didn't prepare me for this like I thought.
Makes sense as the tires are the main factor.
I’ve been huge Nitto fan for my street builds and from what I’ve been told the new 555R2s are the best yet. Just hoping for a 315/30/20 stock size but the taller 35 series is better for higher power builds.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I did send several pictures and a short dyno video to another member here who said he'd help me out posting pictures! Much appreciated thank you...

Also this is the 3rd build I've had HPP Racing do for me an 04' cobra, a 14' GT500 & this 21' GT500 the customer service and attention to detail has been 2nd to none with all the builds done.
FAC432C5-0AB5-4CCD-AD3B-8D62029D9D5F.jpeg
3F7B088B-BE1A-4CDD-A0BC-F60B27988319.jpeg
75E46C2D-5E22-4963-B413-31EC0F81361C.jpeg

cobrainfo1

Established Member
Makes sense as the tires are the main factor.
I’ve been huge Nitto fan for my street builds and from what I’ve been told the new 555R2s are the best yet. Just hoping for a 315/30/20 stock size but the taller 35 series is better for higher power builds.
-J
I jockey between the R888's at the 27.5 325s and the 28.5 tall nittos (kinda wanting to retainthe cars handling characteristics).... Hard decision... What led me over to nitto again was the 14' had tall tall 3.31 gears and it was the same vs stock on that car too an inch taller - and I didn't feel it was very noticeable gearing wise... (and kinda felt with this car wound so tight it might help slightly with roll pulls) in the future I might still do some R888's I can tell an instant difference with the cradle lockout kit installed and bushing isolators "steeda" for the irs also did the upgraded bolts.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I jockey between the R888's at the 27.5 325s and the 28.5 tall nittos (kinda wanting to retainthe cars handling characteristics).... Hard decision... What led me over to nitto again was the 14' had tall tall 3.31 gears and it was the same vs stock on that car too an inch taller - and I didn't feel it was very noticeable gearing wise... (and kinda felt with this car wound so tight it might help slightly with roll pulls) in the future I might still do some R888's I can tell an instant difference with the cradle lockout kit installed and bushing isolators "steeda" for the irs also did the upgraded bolts.
My ‘22 is 100% stock this year but I was going to start looking into IRS upgrades. For now sticky rubber, more boost and E85 are on the agenda.
Glad to hear your positive Steeda review as I’ve always thought they do a great job of a package plan.
-J

cobrainfo1

Established Member
I went with what I believe to be a lesser known lockout kit I saw others running by SPE it's all billet much like the kelltrac kit + the steeda bushings for the cradle. The rear end doesn't have all that wandering feel to it any longer- not really any nvh either. Just more planted feeling.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Clearly reading comprehension isn't a strong suit here.

So I'll help you folks comprehend. I asked a question, which means I'm looking for an answer.

I'm not looking for opinions, or worthless threads of opinions.

I have built countless low 9 second cars, I understand volumetric efficiency and engine dynamics.
Op got this one.

I hope he comes back and lays down some knowledge.

cobrainfo1

Established Member
Op got this one.

I hope he comes back and lays down some knowledge.
And actually this is on the 3.875 pulley I do believe you could step down ONE pulley size to the 3.7 and still possibly be on 93 we were both in the same boat. (I will be looking to do so in the near future) I want the car maximized within reason on one pulley where I can still run pump gas. And have an E85 tune also for more fun.

900rwhp+ on 93 with this is absolutely nuts to me understanding boost - knock and everything else at hand.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What is the explanation for this?
He’s putting lots of miles on it. Didn’t want to worry about E85 with a tank range this small and the amount he and his wife are driving the car. I definitely understand it as the range is terrible already. All his other/previous rides are on E. No he doesn’t sell Boostane.
-J

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
He’s putting lots of miles on it. Didn’t want to worry about E85 with a tank range this small and the amount he and his wife are driving the car. I definitely understand it as the range is terrible already. All his other/previous rides are on E. No he doesn’t sell Boostane.
-J
I could see range being an issue. But damn you're paying hefty for that 93+Boostane vs a full tank of E85.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I could see range being an issue. But damn you're paying hefty for that 93+Boostane vs a full tank of E85.
Exactly why I’m going pump E85. I have 3-5 stations I trust within 5min. Plus the safety. I trust conservative E85 tunes.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there a flex fuel option for these?
Actually I had started down that road and discussed with @Livernois Motorsports and think there is potential.
I am local so that is still possible but still likely to stay pump E85 probably 95% of the time so it’s probably a waste.
It’s nice to think 1000rwhp on E85 is just a Whipple swap away.
-J

cobrainfo1

Established Member
So bit of an update, I've had a little seat time in the car and have noticed the iat & iat2 temps are a tad higher than stock obviously.

Stock the iat temp seemed to be 10 degrees over ambient & slightly more at iat2 typical stop and go 75 degree weather.

The whipple seems to be a little warmer I didn't opt for the aux whipple pump (everyone raves how cool they run) .... The iat1 is +20 ambient and the iat2 likes to stick around 120 in stop and go traffic 75 degree day.

*Car does have a lower temp thermostat

I've ordered the larger heat exchanger / with more capacity here in the last day from livernious

Users who are viewing this thread