3" FRPP catback is on, and holy sh*t!

mineral03

Established Member
This thing is LOUD!!! Sounds exactly like a Dynomax ultraflow catback, straight thru muffs & all. It sounds cool the way it is ( i like loud stuff), but it might be a little too loud when i get the offorad and longtubes on... still 100 times better than stock!!! If its too loud when i get the rest of the system on, then im going to change to a set of Spintech muffs... i LOVE the way those sound...

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
does it feel stronger with that catback installed? Man you need to get going on that K&N!! I saw that at the track with the stock paper filter and I was like :eek: :punch: !!! excellent times you pulled by the way. I can't wait til my slicks come in and then I can get some numbers of my own.

mineral03

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
does it feel stronger with that catback installed? Man you need to get going on that K&N!! I saw that at the track with the stock paper filter and I was like :eek: :punch: !!! excellent times you pulled by the way. I can't wait til my slicks come in and then I can get some numbers of my own.

Youre gonna run slicks?? Man, youre braver than i am! I think ill stick with some DR's down the road. As for the catback, feels better,not sure exactly howe much better, because the extra noise kinda throws me off. Not really plannin on replacin the filter with a k&N, going to build a whole new pipe, and relocate the Mass air into the fender. That way, i can put the filter right on the mass air, and not have an elbow in front of it. Well see how its goes. So when you planning on makeing some runs?? Hopefully will have my longtubes on by next weekend, so i should be back up to sac within a month or so...

StreetSnake

Established Member
I guess loudness is in the ears of the beholder, One guy says the FRP is way to quiet and another says it's really loud. It is so hard to make an informed decision I guess unless you actually hear it for yourself. I myself am looking for something between mild and wild, I dont know how accurate these sound clips are and we still dont have enough of them out there especially for the 03. Mineral03 if there is any way you could do a sound clip , it would be appreciated.:beer:

mineral03

Established Member
Originally posted by StreetSnake
I guess loudness is in the ears of the beholder, One guy says the FRP is way to quiet and another says it's really loud. It is so hard to make an informed decision I guess unless you actually hear it for yourself. I myself am looking for something between mild and wild, I dont know how accurate these sound clips are and we still dont have enough of them out there especially for the 03. Mineral03 if there is any way you could do a sound clip , it would be appreciated.:beer:

Remember, there are 2 different FRPP exhausts, the 2.5" FR500 exhaust, and the 3" FRPP exh. The 2.5 is supposed to be very quiet/livable. The 3' is another story... just got home from my first freeway drive, and it has already grown on me. Its loud, but not horribly loud... ill try to get a sound clip up soon, if possible

i8u

Established Member
how much was the 3 inc cat back if you don't mind me asking.
Do you have a part #
:beer:

mineral03

Established Member
Was $325 from ford... 349 shipped to my door... part # is M5230-M55. I ordered from an online ford dealer.... but i got a price from my regular dealer, and it was 325 also, so it doesnt really matter where you get it from..

terminator02

Established Member
Sincethe FRPP is bought from ford, does this keep the warrenty intact? I am also interested in hearing it.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Not necessarily - as I recall, there is an advisory on the FRPP parts that they are not meant for production or street use, though of course you can do it, at least the 2.5 - the 3" likely will vciolate noise ordinances. I also do not believe they carry any warranty on the parts themselves. My MagnaFlows have Lifetime Warranty against crapping out.

BTW, any of you go with the Flows, use these clamps - they have huge clamping force of about 250 psi, distributed over a wider area than the u-bolts, and do not distort the the tubing. Part # 733-3220 from NAPA. They also look cleaner - from the back, you can see the mirror finish on the mufflers, rather than the OE supplied u-bolts.

mineral03

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
Sounds like a winner to me. Are you going to dyno? Thanks for the info.:beer:
Once i get the longtubes on, i will be back to the dyno... just beware, this catback is loud... i cant imagine it once i get the offroad on, its gonna be crazy!!! As for warranty, i dont thikn it will void your warranty, but be careful.

jpetre

Established Member
I have the E55 in my garage but still dont have a car yet. If anyone wants to hear what it sounds like I will try to post some sound clips of it on my 99

It was too loud with the O/R X I had on my car. I had three police men at my house within 20 min after the X install.

Good luck! It is a nice system but the drive by will almost pop your oponents ears. let someone drive your car by you and you will not believe how loud it really it.

Good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread