• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

30 year old virgin

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by 99arboC, Mar 1, 2021.

1. MarcSpaz

MarcSpaz Resident Trouble Maker Premium Member Established Member

I didn't say clean Fox for $1,500. I said fair condition, over 100k miles for $1,500. Clean, low miles are around $3,500. Not all of them obviously, but they are around.

I'm in the DC metro area and I watch the market for 100 miles around DC.

2. Diablo Mike

Diablo Mike Trinity Guy Authorized Vendor

No doubt. Cost of the plane ticket is insignificant here. I’m on my way to DC!

Guy I hired recently showed up in his 7.5/10 4 cyl Notch couple weeks ago. I put $4k on his desk and told him to give me the keys and he told me to double it. Lol.
    Give me a shit bag fox for $1500 and I’m turning a serious profit no matter what I have to put in it. Don’t really care if it has a motor for $1500.

7998, Black Gold 380R and csc427 like this.
  3. MarcSpaz

Find the car first, and then fly out. Don't wait too long though. It's winter now, but the better the weather gets, the more the prices go up around here.

4. 7998

7998 Don't Care Established Member Malt Liquor Mafia

I'd say if you paid $10k-$15k you did alright. Looks real nice.

LOL You're full of shit. Post a couple of these clean mileage Fox bodies for $3500. I'll wait but I know you can't. Hell $3500 don't even get you nice SN-95 or New Edge.

5. MarcSpaz

Dude... not only am I not shopping for a car... I don't give a shit what you think.

6. 7998

Exactly. You're full of shit. The low mileage clean $3500 Fox only exists in your imagination and 10 year old classified ads.

7. MarcSpaz

You're right dude. Don't know what I was thinking.

8. 7998

That's apparent. Good night.

9. Kevins89notch

Kevins89notch Well-Known Member Established Member

100%, absolute BULLSHIT! If op's car was a 4 cylinder with an auto, it would sell for $3,500 within hours, based on how it looks.

OP's car being a 5.0, it would 100% sell within hours at 7K, double the price you say. That's why folks are saying 10K or higher.

brucesvt, csc427 and R1Lello like this.
  10. MarcSpaz

Hmm... I am starting to think either I mistyped something or people are misunderstanding what I wrote.

I didn't say anything about the value of the OP's car. I think for a 100% unmolested car, if he paid between $8k and $10k, he did great. And I told him that repeatedly. Its a beautiful car.

Also, I said a clean , low miles Fox can be found for about $3,500. Not every day every corner... but if you shop around, I know with certainty you/I can find one. Especially since I was looking for one about 3 months ago for my son and found a few. I didn't buy one, because I ended up getting him a 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel instead of a classic car.

brucesvt likes this.
  11. decipha

decipha Well-Known Member Established Member

Ive heard of bone stock all original low mile 93 cobras fetching upwards of $30k. I would imagine a clean gt would be half that.

12. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

So OP, when's the LS/Glide/Turbo swap start?

99arboC likes this.
  13. Black Gold 380R

Black Gold 380R Multiple SVT Collector Established Member

It's not what I think the market "should" be, but what it is. As mentioned I'm not in the market, but occasionally I do look at Fox Bodies listed for sale. I have not seen any listed in the range of $1,500 to $3,500 as you mentioned. Not even rollers are listed in that price range.

If you see them locally for that price I would say you should buy them and then sell them. You will make a very nice profit. If you don't want to do that then I would say you should provide a link to these cars in the Fox Body section here because I know there are a lot of people who would love to buy a Fox Body in that price range and you would be helping people here greatly by doing that.

csc427, 99arboC, jvandy50 and 2 others like this.
  14. 03'Darin

03'Darin Well-Known Member Established Member

A 10-15k mile original 93 Cobra is bringing in the high $30's to mid $40k's right now

csc427 likes this.
  15. NastyGT500

NastyGT500 Naples Premier Detailer! Established Member

Congrats! Looks great!!! Have fun!

99arboC likes this.
  16. trxcobra

trxcobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Nice pickup OP. Any clean foxbody seems like a safe toy to invest in these days.

There is a serious buzz around LX coupes, and many clean 5spd examples have been selling right in line with comparable '93 cobras. I think it might actually be easier to go out and find a clean, rust free cobra than it is to find a notch.

triple-s likes this.