31 allocations for military or those supporting military overseas

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
All,

I got the chance to purchase my 13 GT500 (SVTPP, Recaros, and car cover - $59K) through the Exchange New Car Sales in a lottery type drawing back in July or August 2012. At that time, there were 12 slots globally for the GT500 and only 8 for the BOSS. Getting selected only affords you the opportunity to order one, so its not like winning the car. If you pass, you won't get another chance and few folks are interested in dropping serious money on a Mustang regardless of how capable it is. I love my car, but am considering a GT350. I should know the pricing after the 4th of July weekend. There are a couple interested buyers (I'm told), but nobody will order one w/o knowing the price. I could probably sell my GT500 and step into a lightly optioned GT350 with little pain. My wife will kill me, I'm sure.

Lemers

Established Member
All,

I got the chance to purchase my 13 GT500 (SVTPP, Recaros, and car cover - $59K) through the Exchange New Car Sales in a lottery type drawing back in July or August 2012. At that time, there were 12 slots globally for the GT500 and only 8 for the BOSS. Getting selected only affords you the opportunity to order one, so its not like winning the car. If you pass, you won't get another chance and few folks are interested in dropping serious money on a Mustang regardless of how capable it is. I love my car, but am considering a GT350. I should know the pricing after the 4th of July weekend. There are a couple interested buyers (I'm told), but nobody will order one w/o knowing the price. I could probably sell my GT500 and step into a lightly optioned GT350 with little pain. My wife will kill me, I'm sure.

I'm already on the list for the lottery. Just waiting to hear if I get a chance.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm already on the list for the lottery. Just waiting to hear if I get a chance.

Have you purchased from ENCS previously? If I request an allocation, I'm fairly certain I'll get one. I don't even have the Fiesta ST in my hot hands and I'm looking at 350s. What is wrong with me?!

AJstang

Established Member
Is it 31 allocations for 2016 or for the entire run (until they stop production) of the GT350?

TaraFirma

Established Member
On the list too. As soon as the lottery is open I'll be in it.
AJstang, ENCS gets allocations for every MY, with 2015 being the exception since Ford sprung the 2015 MY GT350's late in the game.
I'm not expecting anymore than 5-7 allocations per MY, but that's just me guessing.

Lemers

Established Member
On the list too. As soon as the lottery is open I'll be in it.
AJstang, ENCS gets allocations for every MY, with 2015 being the exception since Ford sprung the 2015 MY GT350's late in the game.
I'm not expecting anymore than 5-7 allocations per MY, but that's just me guessing.

Here is the exact verbiage from my ENCS salesman.

"So we are getting our 31 batch of GT350’s in October, with the drawing coming up in the summer!
This means we will know pricing in the next coming months. As you know, our prices will be lower than other dealerships, and for us to be receiving 31 of these limited models is amazing."

It's pretty clear to me that 31 are for this MY. It seems like a lot until you realize that they have a lot of "dealer locations" all over the world. It is less than 1 per store over all. That's why they do the lottery.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Did he mention anything specific about the "R"
Last info i had was they were going to find out their allocations for the R in September. That all may have changed though. I'll be in Heading down to Camp Humphreys to talk to them this weekend.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is the exact verbiage from my ENCS salesman.

"So we are getting our 31 batch of GT350’s in October, with the drawing coming up in the summer!
This means we will know pricing in the next coming months. As you know, our prices will be lower than other dealerships, and for us to be receiving 31 of these limited models is amazing."

It's pretty clear to me that 31 are for this MY. It seems like a lot until you realize that they have a lot of "dealer locations" all over the world. It is less than 1 per store over all. That's why they do the lottery.

Yep, I just confirmed the number too. If there are 31, it doesn't mean that a particular store only gets a single allocation. It is a single company with the highest volume of Mustang sales globally. That is why they received 31. The expensive vehicles are more often sold in/around Naples (regurgitating what I was told) because we have a larger concentration of higher ranking personnel (therefore greater buying power). If we're getting 31 globally, I'd speculate that production numbers will be significantly greater than the 13/14 GT500s - just a guess though. More likely it is just good business sense, and ENCS upped their request based on buyer demand. Lots of guys getting tax free pay deployed to "bad" places w/o much opportunity to spend their money.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
The lottery drawing is supposedly in the last week of July. I'll likely put my name in the hat again....

Lemers

Established Member
Yep, I just confirmed the number too. If there are 31, it doesn't mean that a particular store only gets a single allocation. It is a single company with the highest volume of Mustang sales globally. That is why they received 31. The expensive vehicles are more often sold in/around Naples (regurgitating what I was told) because we have a larger concentration of higher ranking personnel (therefore greater buying power). If we're getting 31 globally, I'd speculate that production numbers will be significantly greater than the 13/14 GT500s - just a guess though. More likely it is just good business sense, and ENCS upped their request based on buyer demand. Lots of guys getting tax free pay deployed to "bad" places w/o much opportunity to spend their money.

ENCS got 9 of 1964 LE 50ths, so 31 of 5500 seems legit.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you get this info from ENCS rep?
The ones here in Korea have zero info.

Yes, I did. Here is the dialog - HI Jeff, Yes (but it’s complicated) right now we are gathering the names for the draw that will take place in the first week on July, once the customer name gets picked from the draw he will be sent a build option list, and once he picks the options he require we will then print an official price quote and Buyers offer.

so I think officially the first week on July is the sale release date, we are just getting our names in so we are ready to order ASAP."

Still waiting on whether any GT350Rs are available. I like them, but it is a big jump in the price over the base model.

Users who are viewing this thread