32V Twin Turbo 5.4L Project - Pics and Commentary

ShockTherapy

Established Member
I think some of you know I started taking my truck apart the weekend of May 18th. I got it on jackstands, removed all the exhaust, and a few top end parts. A buddy did some misc stuff, drained and pulled the heat exchanger and IC pump. The airbox, plenum, blower, and IC resevoir and lines all came off then, as well as a few other misc pieces.

on_stands_no_front_wheels.jpg

I took the passenger NAVI exhaust manifold, flipped it over, and bolted it right up on the passenger side head to test for clearance. It fits great. :) There may be a tiny amount of clearancing (1/16 - 1/8") needed on the corner of the a-arm mount where the manifold outlet is.

pass_manifold.jpg

The angle and position of the manifold will work great.

pass_manifold_3.jpg

Looks like plenty of room for the downpipe to route back through as well.

pass_manifold_2.jpg

The drivers side is a different story, but won't take much at all to work. The biggest issue is the big hunk of ABS stuff in the way. I will either just extend the brake lines and move it up to the stock airbox location, or remove it totally and put it on the shelf.

driver_manifold_4.jpg

Plenty of room for a downpipe on this side too.

driver_manifold_2.jpg

I made some measurements and looked at where I could mount and route my Intercooler and plumbing as well.

Last edited:

ShockTherapy

Established Member
A few more pics from this past weekend...

Passenger side manifold bolted to drivers side...the outlet will have to be cut and rewelded to get the angle right, but it will work out well. The ABS is GONE now. :)

pass_mani_drivers_side_2.jpg

About to pull it...

about_to_pull_engine.jpg

Here it is on the way out...

engine_hanging.jpg

Hangin on the picker...

engine_on_picker.jpg

Here it sits with no engine...

engine_out_whole_truck.jpg

Thanks again to my buddy rmfreeze for use of his shop, and him turning some wrenches on it to help the project along.

Last edited:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
damn, looks like its going to be alotta work, so what exactley are you going to do??? sorry if I'm behind, could you update me?>

EDIT< I just read the title... what size turbos? arte you doing internal work too??? this is the first time that I have herd of this kinda project

Last edited:

ShockTherapy

Established Member
fuelonempty said:
damn, looks like its going to be alotta work, so what exactley are you going to do??? sorry if I'm behind, could you update me?>

EDIT< I just read the title... what size turbos? arte you doing internal work too??? this is the first time that I have herd of this kinda project

I got a brand new 2004 NAVI engine, and am putting forged parts in the lower end. I am going to run the stock NAVI 32V heads/cams, and twin Precision 61 turbos. Sullivan intake, fuel rails, and TB adapter.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
O.......MY.......GOD....I hate you!!!!! hahaa nice progress. You will have to post some videos after you are done!!!!!!

ShockTherapy

Established Member
PimpRohr said:
Hey shawn, what wheels are on the truck!?!?

They are Elite Warlock 18x9's with 295/45/18 Toyo's on them. Here's a little closer look. I love the dished rim, and wanted to get something other than a spoked wheel this time around.

on_stands_back.jpg

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
supragod98 said:
Shawn that thing is friggen awsome. BTW what are you doing with the KB? Can I have it :D :D

Dam he beat me to it...I'll take the T.B. and Plenum and anything else you want to give me..... :thumbsup:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
very nice man, keep us posted on the progress of the project.. thats thing is going to be so damn sick!

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ShockTherapy said:
They are Elite Warlock 18x9's with 295/45/18 Toyo's on them. Here's a little closer look. I love the dished rim, and wanted to get something other than a spoked wheel this time around.

on_stands_back.jpg

I love them, where did you get them at?

Jesse

Users who are viewing this thread