350 Z trying to show off.

cbra331

Established Member
I get off work at 10pm and just driving home minding my own bussiness when up comes some cocky kid in his 350 Z. He pulls up next to me and starts revving his lawnmower. So with his driveout tags and his girlfriend is sitting beside him, he wants to show her how he can beat a 95 cobra cuz my hosepower coulndn't possibly be any match for him. Unfortunately for him I'm nowhere near stock. We go from a 60 mph roll and in less than a 2 seconds I have about 5 cars and still pulling. I finally hit the brakes and of course he does the classic ricer move, the ricer flyby. :burn:

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
I like the way the 350z looks, but it seems like alot of the z drivers are knuckleheads. A neighbor with one taunts me everytime he sees me in the Cobra, riding my bumper. I just slow down. (Don't need a ticket.) I pulled out behind him the other day on my Honda VTX 1800 and of course he tried to pull on me. He looked frustrated he couldn't get me off his bumper.

97snaketrplB

Originally posted by poopnut2
Sounds like he got ya' in the end. ;)

The horrible thing is, he probably thinks he did. He's probably typing up the cobra kill right now. The following happened to me when I had my 02ss.

My friends younger brother has a Honda prelude, and riced it out. For some reason, he kept egging me on to race him, claiming I didn't stand a chance and what not. We went out to a strip of road not yet finished, and raced 4 times. Each time, I had him by AT LEAST 10 buslenghts. On the way home, we stop at a red light (at a very busy intersection). When the light turns green he goes for it, while I loaf along. Once back at my house, we had a convo that went something like this.

him: I told ya I'd smoke your ass

me: What the hell are you talking about

him: I killed you in that last race

me: I wasn't racing you idiot

him: Don’t be mad just because you got smoked by an import

me: (after struggling to comprehend what was just said) You've gotta be kidding!! How could you possibly think I was racing!!! I killed you four times!!! Were you thinking something like, "surely this 5th time my car will summon up the god of v-tec to smite the American pos"? Or maybe you popped in the type r song in order to smoke a v8 like you smoke marijuana?

him: Whatever dawg, all I know is I won

me: You want a rematch? Maybe we can put a little something on the line this time?

him: nah man. But if we did I'd smoke your ass again

me: yeah, and Grizzly Adams had a beard

him: what?

me: never mind

The word to describe ricer confrontations such as these is FRUSTRATING. No matter how sound your argument, they just fall back on their ricer logic, and hum "if it aint a type r, then it aint a tight car" (for those who haven't heard this song, consider yourself lucky)

Mach one

Established Member
awesome kill to both of you and don't worry about the ricer kid i think he needed to pull away quick off the line like that just to have something to say to you later on.

04HillzGT

Established Member
Ricers will never learn, sweet kill on the 350z, I've been dying to run one still haven't gotten a chance to

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
The easiest way to make sure that a ricer doesn't think he owned you, just turn on the flashers.

spinscan

Established Member
My nephew has a 350Z. He came over to my house for a visit and I let him drive my Cobra. When he got back he said he was going to ditch the 350Z and get a Cobra.

cbra331

Established Member
Now today I had a guy apparemtly going through a midlife crisis try me. I say this because he was about 50 and had the 28 year old girlfriend. Well he wanted to show her how tuff his G35 was. I let him take off first and get about 5 cars on me then I took off and blew by him like he was standing still. Poor guy needs to take it back and get a better car for his crisis.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by cbra331
Now today I had a guy apparemtly going through a midlife crisis try me. I say this because he was about 50 and had the 28 year old girlfriend. Well he wanted to show her how tuff his G35 was. I let him take off first and get about 5 cars on me then I took off and blew by him like he was standing still. Poor guy needs to take it back and get a better car for his crisis.

maybe it was his daughter? lol :D

Venom27

Established Member
with ricers i ussally pull like 3-4 cars real fast then brake because there is no way they are catchin up and i don't need a bigger ticker or waste gas but they never get the clue. so now i when they keep comin fast i wait for them to catch back and lay the hammer down again and ussally the second whippin gets them to realize.

02collector

Established Member
Awww! The 350 Z, I do recall having a run in with one of those crap boxes. Happened to be in an '02 Collector edition trans am, not mine but my boy from bragg. His had 4.10's at the time, headers into dumps, so it pretty much sounded the part. Guy still had the nerve to play with me at 60+. So I flattered him for roughly 10 seconds, you know playing with his silly acceleration. Then I just had to punch it completely. I ran that car pegged at 155 (I say that cause i honestly forget where my speedo stopped) for probably 30 sec. take into consideration 4.10's no speedo re-cal. So i actually don't know the speed obtained. But I do know the a-hole in the 350 was 1/4 mile or so behind when i let off it. 2 mins later weeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnn! There he goes. The patented ricer win. I hope he reads this, I would just like to say CONGRATULATIONS great race!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
You see. I think I have it. They get great gas mileage and like to swerve in and out of traffic like it's nascar. So their race goes on for about 400 miles.

Back when I worked at putt-putt golf and games(fun ass job, pay sucked though), some kid had a nissan sentra. Kept telling me how fast it was and he'd kill my car. At the time my car was bone stock minus 2 chamber flows. We race, I pull him by at least 10 cars. The next time I saw him, he said I was ahead but he would've caught me in the long run. Then he asked if I wanted to race his friends civic that had a vette motor in it. I don't think a vette motor would even fit under a civic hood.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I really like those 350z cars. I almost bought a G35 (needed the back seats) but I ended up with a Cobra. Have you ever seen what mods cost on a G35??

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
The day that they put a Titan engine in that 350 Z will be the day that I think about buying one.

fre

Established Member
I agree with the theory that their race lasts longer. I was outpacing a truck the other day and I really had to outpace him (80-120) I varied and he still caught up and went by after I let off like 20 miles down the road. Keep in mind when I let off I was about 3 miles or so ahead. If someone hit it in front of me and I was bored I would probably do the same thing just to see how I would hang. It just shows you even with 2342423 hp a slower car can get from point A to B in a similar amount of time. :) It all depends on how crazy the driver wants to drive I suppose.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
The Infiniti FX 45 is a Z chassis, right? Why don't they just put in that 8?

Users who are viewing this thread