350Z in lala land

Peter

Established Member
I went to the track today and made 5 passes, my first pass Im getting in my car after teching in and there's a small crowd with this 350Z guy, one tells the Z driver "there's one for you, pointing at me". Well he made sure he lined up against me, and I beat him bad. It was my worst run of the day [email protected], he ran 14.7. Later I ran as well as [email protected], he comes over to me and ask me what I have done, when I told him an H-pipe,flowmasters and a K&N filter he did'nt believe me, oh well!

Pete:D

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Good kill, sometimes being old don't get why the kids flock all over those cars and think they are all that. Need some education sometimes..:lol: :beer:

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by Peter
I went to the track today and made 5 passes, my first pass Im getting in my car after teching in and there's a small crowd with this 350Z guy, one tells the Z driver "there's one for you, pointing at me". Well he made sure he lined up against me, and I beat him bad. It was my worst run of the day [email protected], he ran 14.7. Later I ran as well as [email protected], he comes over to me and ask me what I have done, when I told him an H-pipe,flowmasters and a K&N filter he did'nt believe me, oh well!

Pete:D

La la land is right. I ran a 14.7 with my 2k2 Maxima!! And my Max is automatic, FWD and minus 32hp/28lb-ft (not to mention a couple hundred pounds heavier) against a Z.

Bro'man simply couldnt drive!!

Wild Bill

Established Member
Good kill. For the life of me I cant get one of those to run me.I would love to run one with all the bolt-ons and that supercharger.I would probably sandbag it to give hope,then drop the hammer for laughs.

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by Wild Bill
Good kill. For the life of me I cant get one of those to run me.I would love to run one with all the bolt-ons and that supercharger.I would probably sandbag it to give hope,then drop the hammer for laughs.

I think it is starting to sink in on them that there car is not all that! They have been reading too many of those car review magazines showing there cars as fast or faster!

Pete:rockon:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
14.7 ?! They're nice cars, but that's not very fast. My bone stock 99 GT ran low 14's all day.

I suppose with a good driver a 350Z could get into the low 14's, but that is still no match for a Mach 1.

Good kill.

F23A4

Established Member
The best I've seen so far is 13.9XX from a stock 350Z; I havent seen how much quicker a broken in Z is. I couldnt run quicker than 15 flat before my Max was broken in.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
I had a little run in with a Z and it is pretty funny to me. I am not trying to cut down on the Zs but why are you going to try and run a Cobra with your stock Z. The guy was trying to get me to run him for a good 5 minutes. So I gave in and well he never pulled up next to me after it was o'er, he just stayed behind me.

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by F23A4
The best I've seen so far is 13.9XX from a stock 350Z; I havent seen how much quicker a broken in Z is. I couldnt run quicker than 15 flat before my Max was broken in.

My Mach1 only has 1K miles, I'm not going to use that as an excuse. Those Z cars are simply overrated!

Pete:rolling:

BillyMac72

Torco Junkie
Established Member
i embarassed one it was pretty fun
he had pretty wheels and all then told me he wasnt racing me at the light after he tried to pass by me

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
It's actuallya samethat the 350's don't run better.......With all that fancy styling and high tech ricer equip, you'd think they'd be some comp for us old Ford's. Oh well, maybe next year Nissan will get serious and at least make us turn our AC off.......

chrisle7220

Established Member
yeah i almost got to race one the other day. I was at an intersection light when i look in my rear view mirror and see a beautiful orange 350z coming behind me. The light turns green and i take off slowly about to make a left turn. After i made the left turn, this guy switches lanes and flies past me. I dont think he wanted to race, but he was in one big hurry. I couldnt let one of those show me up so i downshift and took off after him. I easily caught up to him and rev at him a few times. Not intending to race, just wanted him to look over. Well he did look over, smiled and nodded his head. He was probably in his 40's. Wish we could have gone but he looked scared!!

joegt38

Established Member
The 350z is not fast at all, I ran one when my auto GT just had a k&n and cat-back and I beat him.

joegt38

Established Member
The best part is when I ran the 350z we were on a 3 lane road at first we were the only 2 cars. I looked over to see I was pulling on a the z, by the time I had a car (which was kinda quick) a yellow z06 flew by both of us like we were standing still. that was kinda funny!

Users who are viewing this thread