392 charger new drag times

OneSlowV

Established Member
Finally made it to the track to test out the new parts . Still working on the converter and my 1st to 2nd gear issue which is prolly just from hitting the rev limiter killing the power . But all in all I’m happy with the times and definitely the trap speed all while using the paddle shifters lol . Previous best with stock converter was 1.66 I still think this converter has a 1.4s in it when tuning is done .

2019 Charger Scat Pack - 11.30 @ 119.63 in a 437 DA

Mods - Greene Racing custom tuned, Dynatech 1 7/8" LT's, High Flow Cats, Ported Intake Manifold, Hellcat Throttle Body, JLT CAI, Circle D 4000 and a 180 Tstat.

Prep - Forgestar's with Hoosier skinnies/slicks and a 100+ octane tune, also removed the passengers seat and rear seats.

IMG_9530.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SLVRNBLK

Established Member
Great meeting you man! Car is a beast! Not gonna lie, I am envious of those 11.30's! I may have to drop some weight and slap a converter in before we meet again...Ha! Great day at the track!

OneSlowV

Established Member
Great meeting you man! Car is a beast! Not gonna lie, I am envious of those 11.30's! I may have to drop some weight and slap a converter in before we meet again...Ha! Great day at the track!

I had tools ready you should of let me do what I’m good at lol . It was nice meeting you I’ll let you know when he has another event.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m trying to say this politely I guess, because I do respect anything fast and guys drag racing, but that seems like a lot of work for mid-low 11s.
It’s asking a car to do something it isn’t really designed to do NA.
Maybe I’m just boost/big power jaded, but stripping down a really nice new sedan for those times has me asking why not just Hellcat?
I’ve taken my car (HC Charger) twice to the track and it was 11.07 in fall (with golf clubs in trunk) and 11.33 in summer heat at Power Tour (trunk loaded with cooler, seats, etc).
I understand it’s hard racing a 4500# sedan.
-J

OneSlowV

Established Member
I’m trying to say this politely I guess, because I do respect anything fast and guys drag racing, but that seems like a lot of work for mid-low 11s.
Maybe I’m just boost/big power jaded, but stripping down a really nice new sedan for those times has me asking why not just Hellcat?
I’ve taken my car (HC Charger) twice to the track and it was 11.07 in fall (with golf clubs in trunk) and 11.33 in summer heat at Power Tour (trunk loaded with cooler, seats, etc).
-J

Don’t want a hellcat all I see at the track is why lol . Also it takes me 20 minutes to take the seats out and put dragpack on nothing to it . Also a 392 1320 has already been 10.77@123 these cars are made to run it just takes the right person to push the platform. The car could of cracked off a 10 second pass if I didn’t run into issues with the car . But that was my fault for not bringing my laptop to log the runs. Also I still like na anybody can buy a boosted car and run fast times .

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Awesome. That trap speed is for real. Converter seems to be showing solid improvements.

Well done!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
-J

My thoughts also.

Awesome. That trap speed is for real. Converter seems to be showing solid improvements.

Well done!

Stock mustangs have gone 121.

OP I can appreciate your dedication and work at attaining a goal, I really can. Much respect.

You just chose the wrong car.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
How stock is stock?

I cant say I have ever seen 121 from even bolt on 5.0s in my world. Not saying it hasn't happened, but don't make it out like anyone can mash the gas and run 121 in a Coyote...

That said, whats that got to do with anything? Redeyes trap 126 stock. Maybe I should have mentioned that? 720s trap 140+, maybe that was worth mentioning too?
3V Mustangs trapped 101. LOL.
I simply commented that his MPH is legit.
These cars typically trap 114-115 stock in normal air, so adding 6-7 MPH is impressive no matter what.

You guys need a 4 door Mustang....lol.

OneSlowV

Established Member
My thoughts also.

OP I can appreciate your dedication and work at attaining a goal, I really can. Much respect.

You just chose the wrong car.

I didn’t choose the wrong car I know what I wanted Mopar needed some loving on the 392 side lol . Also a fbo drag pack A10 was there it went 11.28@123 so I wasn’t far behind . Stock mustangs might have gone 121 but it’s not the norm at all .

OneSlowV

Established Member

Well done!

Thanks went from a 1.66 stock converter to that 1.55 60 ft . The converter will do 1.4s when I’m done just gotta get the kinks ironed out . Also the mph did blow me away to I just ordered front drag brakes for it see if I can get close to that 125 mph mark before a cam.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
How stock is stock?

I cant say I have ever seen 121 from even bolt on 5.0s in my world. Not saying it hasn't happened, but don't make it out like anyone can mash the gas and run 121 in a Coyote...

That said, whats that got to do with anything? Redeyes trap 126 stock. Maybe I should have mentioned that? 720s trap 140+, maybe that was worth mentioning too?
3V Mustangs trapped 101. LOL.
I simply commented that his MPH is legit.
These cars typically trap 114-115 stock in normal air, so adding 6-7 MPH is impressive no matter what.

You guys need a 4 door Mustang....lol.

Sorry bud, 121 is weak these days. Not taking away from what he's accomplished, i just think he chose the wrong car to spend all this money on. Just an opinion.. you dont have to like it.

You are severly misguided. My turd Mustang went bottom 11s at 122mph with literally only an e85 tune in 3500 ft SoCal DA so yeah... anyone can do it on this platform with little money invested.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
if he wanted a mustang, he would have bought one?

Right.......

did you have a point to make or?

I didn’t choose the wrong car I know what I wanted Mopar needed some loving on the 392 side lol . Also a fbo drag pack A10 was there it went 11.28@123 so I wasn’t far behind . Stock mustangs might have gone 121 but it’s not the norm at all .

Like it said.. i respect your effort and what you achieved.

We just disagree on what car to throw money at, that's all.

Plenty of people thought i was an idiot for dumping money into a DSM back in the late 90s........... is what it is.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Right.......

did you have a point to make or?

Like it said.. i respect your effort and what you achieved.

We just disagree on what car to throw money at, that's all.

Plenty of people thought i was an idiot for dumping money into a DSM back in the late 90s........... is what it is.
I'm going to assume his point was the OP simply wants to go as fast as possible on a specific platform and N/A, which is what he's doing. However, I can agree with you that if the OP was striving for the lowest time regardless of platform, that other cars would be a better starting point.

jleews6

Established Member
You should have bought a Mustang because a Mustang is the only car to like and mod. LOL

Congrats OP and getting a big heavy 4 door to trap almost 122 N/A. Thats still fast its just that everyone throws boost at everything and traps 130 plus and it kind of takes away from a good running N/A car plus Its cool to see something other than a Mustang at the track. It seems now a days that's all you see. This is coming from a guy that has owned well over a hundred Mustangs.

Users who are viewing this thread