392 charger new drag times

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Sorry bud, 121 is weak these days. Not taking away from what he's accomplished, i just think he chose the wrong car to spend all this money on. Just an opinion.. you dont have to like it.

You are severly misguided. My turd Mustang went bottom 11s at 122mph with literally only an e85 tune in 3500 ft SoCal DA so yeah... anyone can do it on this platform with little money invested.
so, not stock at all, but tuned on E85...lol.
I'm sure you had NO other mods. Stock is a loose term around here...

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I’d f*** with any V8 variant Charger for the right price. They just look so damn good. Knocking on the door of 10’s is fast in my book. Nice runs OP

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SLVRNBLK

Established Member
Sorry bud, 121 is weak these days. Not taking away from what he's accomplished, i just think he chose the wrong car to spend all this money on. Just an opinion.. you dont have to like it.

You are severly misguided. My turd Mustang went bottom 11s at 122mph with literally only an e85 tune in 3500 ft SoCal DA so yeah... anyone can do it on this platform with little money invested.

I am a Mustang guy at heart. Always have been always will be. I will also be the 1st to give props to the current platform, especially the A10 cars in ref to their straight line performance capabilities, be it N/A or F/I.

That said, It's kinda sad that it has gotten to the point that 121 MPH trap speed out of a Bolt-on/ Tune/Weight reduction, N/A 4000+ lb 4-door Family Sedan that DROVE 100+ miles to the track is considered to be weak?!?! Why? Because a supposedly Stock Mustang did it? To each his own, and you're right in that the current 5.0/A10 cars are the way to go if you're looking to run a number. However, a 2 door coupe doesn't work for everyone from the standpoint of functionality. Then there's the fact that every one and their brother has one.

So, if you're not impressed with the performance of this car, that's certainly your prerogative, but to say that 121 mph trap speed out of that particular car is weak is severely misguided IMHO. It's all RELATIVE.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
so, not stock at all, but tuned on E85...lol.
I'm sure you had NO other mods. Stock is a loose term around here...

I didn’t say my car. My car trapped 116 stock.

You don’t read much do you? Just guessing because it appears ur not very good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I am a Mustang guy at heart. Always have been always will be. I will also be the 1st to give props to the current platform, especially the A10 cars in ref to their straight line performance capabilities, be it N/A or F/I.

That said, It's kinda sad that it has gotten to the point that 121 MPH trap speed out of a Bolt-on/ Tune/Weight reduction, N/A 4000+ lb 4-door Family Sedan that DROVE 100+ miles to the track is considered to be weak?!?! Why? Because a supposedly Stock Mustang did it? To each his own, and you're right in that the current 5.0/A10 cars are the way to go if you're looking to run a number. However, a 2 door coupe doesn't work for everyone from the standpoint of functionality. Then there's the fact that every one and their brother has one.

So, if you're not impressed with the performance of this car, that's certainly your prerogative, but to say that 121 mph trap speed out of that particular car is weak is severely misguided IMHO. It's all RELATIVE.

I don’t disagree and will repeat —I respect what OP has done—but youre right... not impressed.

But who cares.... I’m no one that matters so carry on.

OneSlowV

Established Member
At the end of the day it’s my money I wanted something different and set out a goal of running 10s with the car and it will do it when I’m done . Yes I could of bought a mustang A10 but they are a dime a dozen at the track and I’ve only seen two that ran slightly better than me lol . I have multiple friends with s550 cars only one traps higher than me the rest are 115-118 cars so if a 4000 plus pound sedan don’t impress you doing damn near 122 mph idk what will . Be on the lookout next year of this car running bottoms 10s @130 plus all motor Also all the other guys that commented thanks for the support.

OneSlowV

Established Member

Well said my friend it’s hard to impress a lot of people now days . If it isn’t boosted it’s slow now lol

john11gt

Established Member
I don’t know if it’s the video and I’m hearing the other car but it sounds like when you launch the car revs and then the rpm drop down a bit.
I’m not an auto guy but it sounds like your convertor might be too tight?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
At the end of the day it’s my money I wanted something different and set out a goal of running 10s with the car and it will do it when I’m done . Yes I could of bought a mustang A10 but they are a dime a dozen at the track and I’ve only seen two that ran slightly better than me lol . I have multiple friends with s550 cars only one traps higher than me the rest are 115-118 cars so if a 4000 plus pound sedan don’t impress you doing damn near 122 mph idk what will . Be on the lookout next year of this car running bottoms 10s @130 plus all motor Also all the other guys that commented thanks for the support.

Amen to all of that. ... definitely agree.

OneSlowV

Established Member
I don’t know if it’s the video and I’m hearing the other car but it sounds like when you launch the car revs and then the rpm drop down a bit.
I’m not an auto guy but it sounds like your convertor might be too tight?

You are correct that was killing my times getting that fixed soon

OneSlowV

Established Member
The boat in all its glory
IMG_9596.JPG
IMG_9597.JPG

john11gt

Established Member
Have you had the car on a dyno? Do you know where it makes peak power and torque?

a car like that on the street with a decent tire and not much is going to beat it.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Have you had the car on a dyno? Do you know where it makes peak power and torque?

a car like that on the street with a decent tire and not much is going to beat it.

I have not unfortunately but do plan on it . Also once I get the 1st to second shift taking car off and converter going right it’s gonna be a fun car at the stop light

john11gt

Established Member
I have not unfortunately but do plan on it . Also once I get the 1st to second shift taking car off and converter going right it’s gonna be a fun car at the stop light

I would get it dynoed. You may be leaving a bit on the table with a 4000 stall if you’re making more power higher up

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

I didn’t say my car. My car trapped 116 stock.

You don’t read much do you? Just guessing because it appears ur not very good at it.

Pretty sure my reading skills are on point. Maybe you forgot what you typed? Or am I not understanding what you meant by 'my turd'? Do you name your turds Mustang and shoot them out at 116 MPH? I want to make sure my reading and comprehension are up to par :)

cliff:
stock mustangs can go 121
yours went 121 not stock
but stock it went 116?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure my reading skills are on point. Maybe you forgot what you typed? Or am I not understanding what you meant by 'my turd'? Do you name your turds Mustang and shoot them out at 116 MPH? I want to make sure my reading and comprehension are up to par :)

cliff:
stock mustangs can go 121
yours went 121 not stock
but stock it went 116?

It's amazing to me how one can fail and stumble over written English language when the words don't appear on the page as they want them to appear.

I stand by everything I said... now take your blinders off and go back and read it all again. That's your homework for today.

Tomorrow, if you pass, we'll advance to the 3rd grade curriculum and try something brand new! It'll be fun.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
I was also looking at that manifold, some of the reviews saw very little increase for the price but that was when it was just coming out. Interested to see what gains you get from it.

OneSlowV

Established Member
I was also looking at that manifold, some of the reviews saw very little increase for the price but that was when it was just coming out. Interested to see what gains you get from it.

Don’t worry I’ll be posting results on here for sure . Should work out nicely with the converter.

Users who are viewing this thread