392 vs E55 AMG

OneSlowV

Established Member
Forgot to post this me and a buddy got together he has a tuned,tire E55 amg vs my tune,dragpack Intake scatpack . Been having a little fun talking shit to one another he beats 392s all the time in his home town figured I had to show him how a proper 392 should run his times are on the right side mine on the left

IMG_4197.jpg
IMG_4196.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dunn

Established Member
I bought an E55 after loving them for so many years...and so far I've driven the car 5 enjoyable miles, everything else has been driving it to and from a friends shop to repair it. Not what I was expecting out of one of the most reliable (claimed) german cars. :(

Kiohtee

Established Member
Me two one was there running a 10.98 fbo and then with nitrous a 9.97@147 lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That's stout! I would love to have one, but posts like the one above have me scared. There's just no way to tell what you're getting into unless it can be Carfax-verified. Even then it's a car, there's always a risk. Guess I better stick to kicking rocks with the poor folks for now. LOL

lucheski

Established Member
I daily my 2006 E55 for the last 3 years it's been several times across country road trips. Almost 160K miles now It's been very reliable.
I replaced the passenger front Air Strut (600 bucks), Crank Position sensor (30 bucks) and Supercharger Pulley bearing (50 bucks) with the Nachi Bearing

This cars are brutal from a dig. Only way they work from a roll is if you manually downshift the tranny from the steering wheel paddle (which are buttons).

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
Great runs! Your 392 is stout. I'd love to swap the Dodge 8-speed into my E55. The 722.6 shifts glacially slow.

Users who are viewing this thread