392 Wrangler.

john11gt

Established Member
You can believe what you want, I've been wheeling hard for a long ass time, solid axles are just another another cult like Toyota people. IFS has been the king for a few years now in the big leagues. People are too focused on mall crawl flex and don't realize how well a proper IFS actually moves while in motion, it's ability to be far more firmly planted and not bounce off everything is huge. But... How can I expect you guys to know that since you have never experienced it... Oh well, the Bronco will do awesome things once the companies like Total Chaos, Camburg. Etc.. get their hands on them.
View attachment 1651609 View attachment 1651610

You’ve posted those pictures before and while cool, they’re both pictures of the rear solid axle flexing and we know those flex well.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You can believe what you want, I've been wheeling hard for a long ass time, solid axles are just another another cult like Toyota people. IFS has been the king for a few years now in the big leagues. People are too focused on mall crawl flex and don't realize how well a proper IFS actually moves while in motion, it's ability to be far more firmly planted and not bounce off everything is huge. But... How can I expect you guys to know that since you have never experienced it... Oh well, the Bronco will do awesome things once the companies like Total Chaos, Camburg. Etc.. get their hands on them.
View attachment 1651609 View attachment 1651610

Im not saying I don’t believe you... lol.

You just proved my point. You have “been wheeling for a long ass time”.

What I’m saying is that your buddy with the Rubicon needs to learn how to drive it to its capabilities. Once he drives as good as you, you won’t touch him. Even with that nice ranger of yours. I know about IFS. I have an IFS truck that I wheel as well.

IFS is just not as capable as SA when rock crawling. That’s like saying that SA rides as good or better than IFS, not gonna happen. You can mod each to make them better but still, each one is better at one thing.

Again, You can’t argue Approach, break over and departure angles. Not to mention the lack of additional aids that the Rubicon has all other off-road vehicles.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You’ve posted those pictures before and while cool, they’re both pictures of the rear solid axle flexing and we know those flex well.

That’s another good point. Look at the difference in articulation between your RSA and your IFS. You are severely limited by your front suspension.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yea... The rear solid axle flexing with the control of the IFS works great as a package. And actually, my front end flexes as much as practically any solid front axle, it's just drown'd out by the rediculous rear flex I get with the custom 4 link rear.

john11gt

Established Member
Yea... The rear solid axle flexing with the control of the IFS works great as a package. And actually, my front end flexes as much as practically any solid front axle, it's just drown'd out by the rediculous rear flex I get with the custom 4 link rear.

I would love to see your best ifs flex with that thing.

blk02edge

Established Member
Im not saying I don’t believe you... lol.

You just proved my point. You have “been wheeling for a long ass time”.

What I’m saying is that your buddy with the Rubicon needs to learn how to drive it to its capabilities. Once he drives as good as you, you won’t touch him. Even with that nice ranger of yours. I know about IFS. I have an IFS truck that I wheel as well.

IFS is just not as capable as SA when rock crawling. That’s like saying that SA rides as good or better than IFS, not gonna happen. You can mod each to make them better but still, each one is better at one thing.

Again, You can’t argue Approach, break over and departure angles. Not to mention the lack of additional aids that the Rubicon has all other off-road vehicles.
My buddy with the Rubicon has been wheeling longer than I have. He built a SAS Ranger while I built the LT ranger..
please tell me how a solid front has better approach or departure? An IFS actually gets better clearance.. Dont forget the Wrangler has not had any form of competition until now, no other manufacturer has built a square box with factory clearance, front locker and good approach angles till now.

Anyway... Leave it to Ford to **** up a reveal... Which they are currently ****ing up...

blk02edge

Established Member
I would love to see your best ifs flex with that thing.
I'd LOVE to go take some new pics to actually show it (I never take pics when I'm out).. my truck is currently broken on jack stands due to the noodly frame rail cracking by my upper 4 link mounts.

john11gt

Established Member
My buddy with the Rubicon has been wheeling longer than I have. He built a SAS Ranger while I built the LT ranger..
please tell me how a solid front has better approach or departure? An IFS actually gets better clearance.. Dont forget the Wrangler has not had any form of competition until now, no other manufacturer has built a square box with factory clearance, front locker and good approach angles till now.

Anyway... Leave it to Ford to **** up a reveal... Which they are currently ****ing up...

I caught the last minute or two of it, what did they do ?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Follow me here bro. We aren’t just comparing SA vs IS. We are comparing wrangler vs your truck.

Like I said, if your buddy can’t get to more places in a equally modified (lift and tire) Rubicon vs your Ranger, he can’t drive as good as you. Plain and simple. He has a TON of advantages over you, should do better off road / rock crawling.

blk02edge

Established Member
I caught the last minute or two of it, what did they do ?
I think it was just the live feed I was watching, looked like it crashed, just saw it now.
Follow me here bro. We aren’t just comparing SA vs IS. We are comparing wrangler vs your truck.

Like I said, if your buddy can’t get to more places in a equally modified (lift and tire) Rubicon vs your Ranger, he can’t drive as good as you. Plain and simple. He has a TON of advantages over you, should do better off road / rock crawling.
Nah, his truck doesn't as it just bounces off stuff which is a total traction loss, I can keep momentum on the rock without ever bouncing a tire off anything. It's exactly like watching a rock bouncer vs an IFS Ultra 4... It's quite funny.

Anyway, look at the pics in Sid's write up... Sorry guys, but the game is changing... Especially now that the aftermarket will be in a feeding frenzy building aftermarket control arms and RCV axles. The ONLY downside of this new Bronco is their lack of V8.

Rock performance will be a wash but the performance of literally everything else will leave the Jeep crushed... And badly.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
All depends on the terrain i suppose. Hot Springs ORV where the trails are rated 1-5, a 4runner or raptor would end up with some heavy damage on some of the 2s lol. I’m not sure it would even be able to complete many of the 3s, there’d constantly be a tire in the air. Now, bring Shannon Campbell’s rig and yeah, IFS looks good.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yes because a stock Rubicon flexes oh so well lol
IC9A1676-1080x675.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
you are comparing a stock Rubicon vs a highly modded truck. Like I said compare a stock rubicon to stock ranger or compare a similar lift / tire rubicon to ranger. With equal driver the ranger will get out paced.
I've never said the Wrangler didn't own the segment... Cuz it has... But... Now we finally have a vehicle that has entered.

Btw, I've seen plenty of stock and modded Rubis to know that 3 wheeling is life.... They don't really flex in some kind of amazing fashion until they are built with a long arm setup... Which is $$

Users who are viewing this thread