392 Wrangler.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Most of the serious Jeep builds are 4 door. They are better than the 2 door on rocks because of wheelbase/rollover

Nah, maybe the weekend warrior who wants to be able to haul the kids and still do some pretty serious wheeling. Everyone else will opt for a two door and stretch the wheelbase properly for crazy approach and departure angles. It’s truly the beat of all worlds because you keep the lighter more nimble vehicle with longer, albeit still shorter than the traditional 4 door, wheelbase and still having a near optimal breakover.

Don’t get me wrong, the 4 door is capable when modified but it still lacks the approach and departure angles of a modded wheelbase 2 door.

blk02edge

Established Member
Nah, maybe the weekend warrior who wants to be able to haul the kids and still do some pretty serious wheeling. Everyone else will opt for a two door and stretch the wheelbase properly for crazy approach and departure angles. It’s truly the beat of all worlds because you keep the lighter more nimble vehicle with longer, albeit still shorter than the traditional 4 door, wheelbase and still having a near optimal breakover.

Don’t get me wrong, the 4 door is capable when modified but it still lacks the approach and departure angles of a modded wheelbase 2 door.
Noooope. The 4 door is the prime choice and is more capable in extreme scenarios with proper suspension systems on 40's

blk02edge

Established Member
Good time to be alive (buddy's stretched 2 door)
Screenshot_20200714-094655_(1)_(1).png
Screenshot_20200714-084956_(1).png

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
One thing is becoming clear to me from this thread, there is as much debate as to the best off-road vehicle as there is regarding GT500 versus redeye versus ZL1, etc.…lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
One thing is becoming clear to me from this thread, there is as much debate as to the best off-road vehicle as there is regarding GT500 versus redeye versus ZL1, etc.…lol

Best off road vehicle will remain the Wrangler, but Bronco (surprisingly) will throw down a great fight.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yep, the offroad world is no different

kaz109

Established Member

After that video that was posted a few days ago I don't think the GT500 vs redeye is a debate....never was to begin with lol

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
After that video that was posted a few days ago I don't think the GT500 vs redeye is a debate....never was to begin with lol

Redeye is never gonna win a roll race with a similarly powered car, but we can see that by simply strapping them to a dyno, lol.
Show me a GT500 with just pulley and E85 that runs like our Redeye all the time, and debate will be over for me.
Stock for stock, GT500 all day.

kaz109

Established Member
Redeye is never gonna win a roll race with a similarly powered car, but we can see that by simply strapping them to a dyno, lol.
Show me a GT500 with just pulley and E85 that runs like our Redeye all the time, and debate will be over for me.

Couldnt careless about your " with these mods" rebuttal because at that point it's just about who has deeper pockets. Like I said in the previous thread stock for stock the GT500 is a better car all around .

Not to take anything away from your ability to make cars faster. That was never in question, you have proven you guys are damn good at what you do.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Not deep pockets, literally add a pulley, a fuel system for E85 and a tune, and show me what it can do. Thus far I haven't seen one within .2-.3 of what we ran in that trim. Could be the lack of TCM, but it is what it is at the moment.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Couldnt careless about your " with these mods" rebuttal because at that point it's just about who has deeper pockets. Like I said in the previous thread stock for stock the GT500 is a better car all around .

Not to take anything away from your ability to make cars faster. That was never in question, you have proven you guys are damn good at what you do.
GT500 in itself is deeper pockets, both in Fords development cost and the MSRP and the OTD price.

You won't be getting a GT500 for $58k OTD.

kaz109

Established Member
Not deep pockets, literally add a pulley, a fuel system for E85 and a tune, and show me what it can do. Thus far I haven't seen one within .2-.3 of what we ran in that trim. Could be the lack of TCM, but it is what it is at the moment.

I think the deep pockets part went over your head. I was not saying you need deep pockets for those mods. I am saying once you add mods it's just about who has deeper pockets to add the most mods. Who cares about what it can do " with only those 3 mods" because at that point I can just add 5 or 6 more and be faster/quicker.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

GT500 has an edge on the Redeye (stock to stock). But have also seen redeye beat a 500 on a race (stock to stock), so there is wins on the dodges side as well.

Redeyes also respond better to mods.

There is definitely a debate.

The even better part is that Ford’s “best muscle car ever“ pales in comparison to what Dodge’s “best muscle car ever” accomplished. Lol.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I dont think I have ever seen a stock to stock race where both were on a decent tire? That would be good to see.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont think I have ever seen a stock to stock race where both were on a decent tire? That would be good to see.

Not a fan of youtube vlogger types but the races were pretty legit.

the Redeye was stock minus some Nitto drags out back and the 500 was stock minus Toyo 888s.

skip all the bullshit and go to 10:20 to see the 3 races...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is another race where the 500 gets yanked by both the ZL1 (dig) and Redeye (roll)..

Go to 13:50 to watch the drag races:

let’s not mention that the 500 got parked around the track by the ZL1. Lol

500 best car? Dafuq out of here... lol

Users who are viewing this thread