3l swap in 2000 contour SVT

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
For the love of God no!
The 3.0L Duratec and the 3.0L/3.2L SHO motor have ZERO in common!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
LOL, its been a question since the 3.0L swap has come about.
If you want the indepth scope on the 3.0L swap check out www.contour.org. Lots of reading, lots of ways to go with it.

ef8

Established Member
i need to know the quickest way to get my 3L swap done...

i found a 03 ford taurus 3.0L long block for 500 can i use that for my swap?? an can i use my wiring harness if i stick with 3L with 3L intake??? man im sorry guys but i really need to know the cheaspest way to get my 3L in an make the motor LAST longer then the 2.5L

i can use my mtx 5spd tranny, correct guys?? an same 2.5L ecu too an the stock fuel pump?? i just gotta get that thing that changes my 3L to a returnless fuel system??

BondoSHO

Established Member
i got a 2000 contour an a 93 sho motor can i swap the 3l an tranny in my car with the 2.5 duratec heads...

It's not the SHO motor.

SVT Contour 2.5L Duratec:
98.5.ford.contour.svt.engine.175.jpg

Taurus SHO 3.0/3.2:
shov6.jpg

You can swap a 3.0L duratec motor in. Make sure you use the SVT cams, and if you can, swap the intake. With the manual, a few boltons, you should see an easy 220whp.

ef8

Established Member
so i can use the 3L with the same ecu, wiring harness, svt intake, TB, maf, 2.5 motor mounts, 2.5 alternator, 2.5 a/c, 3L wter pump... what else am i missing

can i use the 3L oil pan??

im getting a 03 taurus 3L with 19k on it for 500.... good price??

since im using a 3L will i fix the problems the 2.5's have with starving itselve of oil??

Recoveryone

Established Member
Since you are on here asking this question, why not go where Ryan told you to go (www.contour.org) there you will find (3L swap forum) and get most if not all of your questioned answered. And it my save you time and money.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The 'quickest' way, IMO, is the hybrid. You mate the VIN S 3.0L to the 2.5L heads (there is some easy work that needs to be done to the short block). Once that is done, it goes back in just like a 2.5L.

ef8

Established Member
i got a 02 sable 3L duratec motor

im wanting to put it in my 00' contour... but i nticed on the passenger side theres some belt shit stick out far an my 2.5 has shit that is close... what am i suppose to do with that..
thanks pics too thats...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
What the hell are you talking about?
As I stated in past posts, you need to type coherently. Typing shit that makes zero sense will get you zero response.

ef8

Established Member
sorry im just tryin to make sure i got the right motor...

3L sables and 3L taurus's are the same motor (vin s)??
how can you tell you have the 200hp 3L?? is the 152hp taurus motor not a duratec?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
That makes more sense. What year is it out of? 01 until I believe 04/05ish will work. Maybe newer. I built mine back in '04 and sold it in '06. Brapple I believe just built one recently.

What route are you planning? Hybrid? (2.5L heads/intake+3.0L short block) or Full (All 3.0L)?

ef8

Established Member
i dont kno man i need to do it the cheapest way... if i use the 2.5 heads an intake mani do i need to do anything to the block before putting the heads on??

ef8

Established Member
a shop also told me that my car wont pass emissions if i use the 3L.. my cars a 00'. isn't it true that if the cars 10yrs old i wont need emissions anymore??since i just had emissions i wont need it til 2010 right???

ef8

Established Member
a shop told me i cant do a 02' 3L sable duratec motor!!! NEED HELP ASAP

yea a shop told me that! i have the motor an went to a shop an they said it cant be done...

i told him it has been done, he said, "it had something to do with the ECU". that it wouldnt work. i wanna know straight up by one of you guys, EXACTLY the FASTEST route! if the full 3L, or the HYBRID is faster.

i told him, "the engine harness off the 2.5L would work". he said, "the sensors wouldnt work right". i said, "you use the sensors off the 2.5L ould allow it to work"....

did i miss something to tell him??

heres my understanding of this ****in swap-

HYBRID
use the 3L block
2.5L heads an valve covers
2.5L intake mani an svt TB
2.5L harness along with sensors
2.5L oil pan along with pickup tube
2.5L ecu
2.5L timing chain an cover
2.5L alternator an A/C
2.5L water pump

FULL SWAP
3L block
3L heads an valve covers
SVT cams
3L intake mani an TB
2.5L alternator an A/C
2.5L timing cover
2.5L oil pan an pickup tube

let me know what i missed!
:beer:

NO BASHING THREAD

Last edited:

ef8

Established Member
an with my understanding this swap would work good also cause i have svt fuel injectors an svt ecu also... so it should run like a 3L should correct guys

Users who are viewing this thread