3l swap in 2000 contour SVT

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
You don't have to tune it. I had lots done to mine clicky and it ran just fine. With tuning though, the now owner got 220/220 out of it. A stock swap will still run a bit fat with stock tuning. If you got the extra cash then get it tuned

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
That's because you have to read deeper (i.e. search).
They shouldn't need to remove the crank. If they do, they are lying to you. You can plug the wholes with the short block assembled too.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
whats this forum for then!!!! seriously this is the worth help i've ever gottin from a forum!!

look i ****in read those pages but they JUMP around!! AND is this forum for a bunch of dudes circle jerkin each other!!
Try going to CornerCarvers.com or similiar websites. You would have been banned already for not using things at your disposal. You seem lazy and don't comprehend basic mechanics which makes it even more frustrating. You are asking BASIC questions about the swap which tells us you haven't even done your homework.

When I put my 3.0L Hybrid together I spent about 4-6 months RESEARCHING what I wanted to do, how to do it, etc. That's when things were still being felt out about the swap too. 4 years later its been well refined. Sure there isn't something that walks a monkey through it, but the information is out there. Ask educated questions, and we'll more than happy to help. Ask questions that have been asked 100 times (Can I put a 3.0L SHO motor in my CSVT? type questions) and you'll get what you have got.

brapple

Established Member
you know what, never mind, you have asked the same thing in like thress different threads ...

but one more time, the hybrid is not the build of choice anymore ...

the shop obviously doesn't know what they are talking about or don't want to do the work. if you can do the work yourself I wouldn't even bother trying to have some one else do it ... well unless you find a local CEG, NECO or FCO member near you ...

brapple

Established Member
i dont kno man i need to do it the cheapest way... if i use the 2.5 heads an intake mani do i need to do anything to the block before putting the heads on??

how is that cheaper then a ported 3L? port a 3L and you don't need head bolts or gaskets :rollseyes

ef8

Established Member
man i just have so many questions. when i started this thread, yea i admit i didnt know anything. but since my motor just blew, im in a hurry to figure shit out. im in washington and im figuring out i cant find anyone that knows this ****in swap works! im actually getting pissed cause someones tellin me something cant be done when i KNOW it works. i even called FORD an they even said it wouldnt work lol. i know it works! i onkly ask these questions to get OPINIONS. again guys this isnt english class, so seriously lay off my nuts. you guys have helped a LOT an i thanks a LOT.

00SVTC

Established Member
it is simple. you need to go to contour.org and read. you keep saying you hate it, but you do realize that most of the people that have responded to you in this thread either were or are members of contour.org. several people in this thread have done a 3l conversion already, including myself. you are asking questions that are answered clearly on contour.org. as Brapple said, a hybrid is not going to be the easiest or cheapest. I could outline what you need to do, but guess what, it's already outlined on contour.org.

but i guess it does make more sense to keep asking people who are on ceg to answer your questions. complain when they dont answer them because they all know they are already answered, and never get your 3L in.

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
man i just have so many questions. when i started this thread, yea i admit i didnt know anything. but since my motor just blew, im in a hurry to figure shit out. im in washington and im figuring out i cant find anyone that knows this ****in swap works! im actually getting pissed cause someones tellin me something cant be done when i KNOW it works. i even called FORD an they even said it wouldnt work lol. i know it works! i onkly ask these questions to get OPINIONS. again guys this isnt english class, so seriously lay off my nuts. you guys have helped a LOT an i thanks a LOT.

The person telling you it cannot be done, doesn't want to do the work or take the time to even troubleshoot it.

Yes we know this is a forum, not an english class, but we cannot understand some of that crap you say. If you want anybody's help....learn to type at least so they can understand what you are trying to convey. But first....DO YOUR RESEARCH!

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
grow up!! i aint got time for shit talkers!! dude your like 30! an have red hair the color of my girls tampon!!! you ****in irish Dbag lol

racist.gif

ef8

Established Member
well i dont see why i would be the one getting banned! i asked a question an RYAN keeps running his mouth like a women does. read the rules guys! no bashing a thread!

ef8

Established Member
i see someone getting banned...dude you need to chill if you want ANY help, seriously this crap aint gonna get you anywhere..

please tell me how these's guys are helpin!! they give me a site to go to... all i want is some opinions all they say is to go here, go here!! seriously its makin me mad! if i wanted to go to those sites i would but im not cause i go to this site! how can this site ban me, there the ones tellin me to go to another site an stop goin this one.

tellin me they cant read my shit, read slower if you cant understand it... its not in spanish, its english buddy's!!! odviously they cant read:fm:

Last edited:

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
well i dont see why i would be the one getting banned! i asked a question an RYAN keeps running his mouth like a women does. read the rules guys! no bashing a thread!

you read the rules...

1. Be respectful. No flaming (except in Smack Down).
-the first part...BE RESPECTFUL

13. Rude and/or profane language is strictly prohibited in all forums except Smack Down, as is bypassing the profanity filter. If you have a concern that something you want to post may be beyond the accepted limits ask a moderator.
ex: calling us a ****(that is rude and profane, and we aren't in smackdown) bypassing the obscenity filter

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
please tell me how these's guys are helpin!! they give me a site to go to... all i want is some opinions all they say is to go here, go here!! seriously its makin me mad! if i wanted to go to those sites i would but im not cause i go to this site! how can this site ban me, there the ones tellin me to go to another site an stop goin this one.

tellin me they cant read my shit, read slower if you cant understand it... its not in spanish, its english buddy's!!! odviously they cant read:fm:

we cannot read your stuff cuz you lack basic structure and grammar. you never said you wanted our opinions at first, you wanted information, we gave you links to go to. Since you obviously haven't researched this before asking questions, I would imagine nobody wants to do the work that you should do yourself.

these guys have probably written, contributed a large amount, or have benefitted from those links, so that is how they are TRYING to help. obviously you cannot read if you don't understand what we keep telling you.

00SVTC

Established Member

so let me get this straight, you are complaining because no one is helping you? this is what i did, I spent a ton of time researching how I wanted to do my 3L (dyno plots of different setups on CEG), what parts I would need (from that complete parts list from CEG that includes part numbers, best locations to buy, and approximate prices), and what modifications I needed to do (with pictures describing it on CEG).

after doing that, I tell you exactly where to go to find everything you need, and that isnt good enough? You would rather me tell you on this forum? that makes no sense. I might as well come to your house and do the swap for you, would that be ok?

Users who are viewing this thread