3rd Annapolis-area/Maryland Cobra Owners Meet/Cruise... OCT 3

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Well ladies and gents, since the first two times were so much fun, I am - as promised - planning another Cobra owners meeting of Cobra owners in and around the Annapolis-area and Maryland in general. However, this time we're heading to Maryland International Raceway (MIR) for a day of Test and Tune!!!

All Marylanders - heck, even out-of-staters if they are interested - are invited. The date is Sunday, October 3rd. Hopefully, I'm posting this far enough in advance so that you all can plan for it, so that we'll have even more cars show up this time (17 showed last time, and we had an awesome time). As of right now, my plans for the day are as follows:

Meeting place: Davidsonville Park & Ride (exit 16 off of Route 50)
Meeting time: 10:30AM
Who's Invited: Anyone and everyone with a Cobra (and of course, significant others as well :-D )
Cost: Track charge is $30 (bring some extra money in case we decide to stop at a place after the track)
Plans:
10:30AM-11:15AM: Arrival and meeting/greeting
11:30AM: Snake train leaves for MIR

As of yet, those are the plans. We had a GREAT time last time (mmars, MP3_Stang, RAWSN8K, 16yrCobraOwner, 03cobragirl, IronTerp, WraithCobra, IRageATMI, Hissssnsvt, WUTWINE, 2kbill, apache and I) and I figure the more people that show up this time, the more fun we'll have. I will try to make the cruise as scenic and enjoyable as possible, but how could we NOT have fun with a line of Cobras snaking (excuse the pun) around turns and down the highway??

Anyways, please post here if you are interested and/or going to be there. Again, all Mustang/Cobra owners are welcome! No matter what, I guarantee you that we will have some have fun!

Who's in?

P.S. Check out our last meeting here.

mustangdan429

Established Member
im looking into it. im guessing MIR is a dragstrip? ive wanted to go on a cruise/track event with other cobra people. 30 bucks is kinda steep, why is it that much?

thanks,
danny

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by mustangdan429
30 bucks is kinda steep, why is it that much?

Dan - I have no idea. But that is the typical MIR "Test and Tune" price. Remember, you get essentially unlimited runs and this track is top notch, from what I hear.

Hope to see you there :-D :thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Linn@AmazonRacing
we would really like to be able to come to this meet but we will be in Bowling Green that weekend.

Linn - Dang it! I'm going to get you and Rick to one of these meetings if it kills me! :-D

TRBO VNM

I need to check things, but I think I am a go. put me as tentative. I live 20min away so I can just meet there and will probably show up earlier when they open the gates.

if you want to eat after there are a few places here in waldorf. Damon's has some large projector screens and is decent in size for a group.

price is standard for wed and sunday events. they have test and tune as well as a gamblers race. the gamblers race is $1000 price and all the big dogs run that.

test and tune depends on how crowded it is. with nice weather there are more there of course. if you hot lap the car you can get a decent amount of runs in, but if you let it cool like myself you are looking at 3-4 runs max. gates open at 10 I believe.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Sweet!!

So as of right now, we have the following people confirmed:

04Torchvert
2004svtcobra
mustangdan429
WUTWINE (tentatively..... riiiiiiiiiiiight :-D)
Blk03SVTCobra

Hope a few more of you guys can make it :-D :thumbsup:

Should be a great time!

Last edited:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Ok, just got the answer here, My wife and I will both be attending this gathering. Can't wait to try my luck at MIR...

~James:beer:

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Sweet!!

jcayer
04Torchvert
2004svtcobra
mustangdan429
Blk03SVTCobra

I hope we can get enough to absolutely take over the strip... That would be sweet... :-D

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I may be able to make that. I have to consult my fiancee and find out what the plan is for that weekend. Believe it or not, there IS a wedding that weekend, but it's friday, so it shouldn't interfere with sunday. I have been waiting to run my car, so I will likely be there, but I will probably do like Jason and just be down at MIR when the gates open since it's only about 20 minutes or so from my house as well. There are pleanty of places to eat, so I think it'll all depend on what everyone wants. I'll let you know for sure as soon as I find out.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Awesome!!

FISHTAIL
97Snake1668
jcayer
04Torchvert
2004svtcobra
mustangdan429
Blk03SVTCobra

I'm hoping for 20 this time, so sign on up people :-D

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
I'll most liekly be there but will meet you at teh track. If I go i'll most likely meet up with fishtail first then head to teh track so I can be there when the gates open.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Well, I am trying to get people to meet at the Davidsonville Park & Ride so that we can all go down together, but I completely understand for those of you who already live in SoMD.

So as of right now, here's the list:

lRageATMl
FISHTAIL
97Snake1668
jcayer
04Torchvert
2004svtcobra
mustangdan429
WUTWINE (tentatively..... riiiiiiiiiiiight )
Blk03SVTCobra

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sounds good to me. Prasad, you are welcome to change tires at my house even if I'm not there, I can leave the jack out for you. I need to make sure there isn't any kind of wedding mumbo jumbo going on that day, but if theres not(and I don't think there is) I'm going.

Users who are viewing this thread