3v oil pick up tube?

termcobra281

Established Member
Hey everyone, does anyone know the best place to pick up a 3v oil pick up tube? I like to get the better oil pick up tube while I am in the engine. I already got a moroso road race oil pan and just need the good tube with it.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What's better about the 3V tube? I'm just curious as I haven't heard one is better than the other.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Interesting. I'd be curious to see them side by side. All I knew was the 4V pick up was bigger than the 2V. I thought the 3V used the same pick up as the 4V.

You should post pics when you manage to track one down.

termcobra281

Established Member
Interesting. I'd be curious to see them side by side. All I knew was the 4V pick up was bigger than the 2V. I thought the 3V used the same pick up as the 4V.

You should post pics when you manage to track one down.
you could be right, I havent fully researched it.

Soap

Established Member
So you have no idea why you are switching them, it's just because you read somewhere that 3V was better? Don't just blindly read stuff and follow it.

The 3V pickup has part of the screen blocked off, the Cobra one is better. Keep what you have. 3V left, 4V right.

--Joe

Attachments

• 20150911_153441.jpg
    20150911_153441.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 27

termcobra281

Established Member
So you have no idea why you are switching them, it's just because you read somewhere that 3V was better? Don't just blindly read stuff and follow it.

The 3V pickup has part of the screen blocked off, the Cobra one is better. Keep what you have. 3V left, 4V right.

--Joe

--Joe
I picked up one that has the opening like the 4v with 15/16th tube so we are good. I am learning every day something new, I dont blindly put things on my car without fully researching. If I dont know it I learn what I need to do and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread