4.10 gears.......

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
the cams sound awsome and with the added power the 4.10s were the only way to go

03silverdrop

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
How much quicker did it make your car feel?
It made it feel like a different car. These gears really get the torque to the ground and it brings a smile to my face everytime I get into that damn go fast pedal. It's the best thing I've done to the car since I've owned it. This thing just pulls like a mofo in 2nd and 3rd gear. Can't wait till those cool fall nights to go out and play. What sucks though is last time I was at the track I ran an 11.98 with the 3.55's and got the boot cause I don't have a cage. I want to see what this thing will do with slicks on it but don't really want to put a cage in. Decisions!!!! :beer:

Last edited:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
03silverdrop said:
It made it feel like a different car. These gears really get the torque to the ground and it brings a smile to my face everytime I get into that damn go fast pedal. It's the best thing I've done to the car since I've owned it. This thing just pulls like a mofo in 2nd and 3rd gear. Can't wait till those cool fall nights to go out and play. What sucks though is last time I was at the track I ran an 11.98 with the 3.55's and got the boot cause I don't have a cage. I want to see what this thing will do with slicks on it but don't really want to put a cage in. Decisions!!!! :beer:

Thanks! :beer:

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
4.30s might be cool, but i think it would just be too high RPM's on the highway. At 75 mph with my 4.10s im spinning almost exactly 2500. More gear would be fun at lower speeds but you would pay a higher price on the highway.

At least, with the 4.10s, its a cheap way of keeping me from speeding too much, theres no way in hell i'll run my car over 2500 for any extended amount of time. It keeps me in the 65-70 mph range... which, really, is where we should all be anyways.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
I thought the Mod Motors were built to handle higher rpms? I run 4.30s in my Stroker, and run it at 3,000 all the time on the highway. I had it on the Hot Rod Power Tour, and had to run at 3200 to stay with the pack..... I just knew we were going to get pulled over. :)

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Sure they're built for it- but if there's no need to be revving that high, why do it? Pointless wear and tear on teh motor. Im not in that much of a hurry :)

whippleblown03

Established Member
03silverdrop said:

what kind of cage makes the vert legal? my friend has the same issue! wants a nice legal removable cage chromed! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread