4.6l motor swap question??? Help!

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
I'am in progress of swapping the blown engine on my 97 gt.i blew the block and now swaping it for a P.I motor.The problem is that im still on the mission on finding a P.I motor from a 00-04 mustang gt but the only ones i find are 4.6L motors out of crown vics.Can i do a direct swap on crown vic motors into my 97?
Are crown vic motors also P.I?
I Can also just go ahead and buy a mustang 4.6 engine out of a 96-98 and just do the p.i head swap...???

what do you guys sugest i should do???

please help...

spike_africa

Established Member
The bottom end of the motors in the crown vics are the same as are the heads if you get a PI headed vic. I believe they got PI heads in 2001 not 99 like the Mustangs did. But their intake manifolds are totally different and flow like shit. You can get a 96-98 2v and put PI heads/intake on it and pick up more power then the 99-04 PI headed Gt's because you will also gain more compression from the PI heads on the 96-98 motors. This mean however 93 is a must as the compression is in the 10.5:1 rang from what I remember.

cinderbricks

Established Member
dotn waste money use a 4.6 2v block..get a PI lower intake..and a good set of heads with cams and ull make way more power than any PI motor..easily...trust me...ps valve train is diff and some sensors and a few other things to crown vic but can be done... buy 4.6..rip the heads off and do what i stated above. ull be up with the 03 cobras easy... then throw some boost later down the road and wha-laa!! 450plus horse easy on the low end...easily get in the mid 500's...ps recomend changing internals if ya go that big though..ha...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread