401k Question

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
My house value, on the outskirts of Silicon Valley, has been essentially flat for about 2 years. That's a lot of pent up steam for an increase if you ask me. Silicon Valley is rockin'. TONS of people are working from home, and still cashing their regular checks and getting fat bonuses. CA is really a dichotomy though. There are places like Silicon Valley, and places like the Central Valley. They really couldn't be more different.

One thing that might happen if Joe gets elected is they might repeal the tax law that limited mortgage deductions. That alone will give the high end housing market a kick in the ass.
Higher taxes, higher corporate taxes, higher utilities and insurance thanks to state set fires every year. Hell even liberals are complaining about newsolini. If 20% of ca small business shuts down with the higher taxes and billions for illegals ca can turn in a heartbeat. Even Rogan is contemplating leaving.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If I could move some 401K over to Amazon I would. Wish I could have when I bought in at 1400 a share.

nxhappy

Established Member
unless she is retiring very very soon, just leave it alone. The market already crashed several months ago. 401k's are pretty safe. Just let it grow in time. In 5 years the market is going to be crazy good.

nxhappy

Established Member
I lost a bunch, but it grew back higher as of yesterday. I just let it ride.
the virus lost me 30%. Now im back +40%. you just gotta "buy and forget" when it comes to retirement IRA/401. as of lately I've been heavy day trading. Might make it a career once I nail down the numbers.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
the virus lost me 30%. Now im back +40%. you just gotta "buy and forget" when it comes to retirement IRA/401. as of lately I've been heavy day trading. Might make it a career once I nail down the numbers.

Does your work allow for time to pay attention to the market daily?

Ohio Snake

Established Member
If I could move some 401K over to Amazon I would. Wish I could have when I bought in at 1400 a share.

Some plans may offer a Self Directed Brokerage Account ( known as SDBA in plan language) option under the 401K. If this is available, you may have access to any and all types of investments including Amazon stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

q6543

Established Member
Just checked for OP... from the post..the market is UP 41 PERCENT!!!

Imagine... missing out on those gains.

Time IN always beats timing, there is SOOOOOOOOO much cash on the sidelines from people who pulled out and proceeded to watch the S&P go on a face ripper.

Any pullback... and I mean like 3 or 4 percent will be bought back within days.

Ohio Snake

Established Member

Time IN always beats timing, there is SOOOOOOOOO much cash on the sidelines from people who pulled out and proceeded to watch the S&P go on a face ripper.

Prior to the 2008 meltdown, average recovery time for a draw down was around 13 months. After 2008, average recovery time is less than 5 months.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Any thoughts about investing in Ivermectin? Looking to be a sound treatment for Covid. Political to a degree so not going down that road in this thread.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Any thoughts about investing in Ivermectin? Looking to be a sound treatment for Covid. Political to a degree so not going down that road in this thread.

Still a lot of research needs to be done on its efficacy for COVID-19, however Ivermection is not proprietary. I think Merck makes a generic version for the US.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Still a lot of research needs to be done on its efficacy for COVID-19, however Ivermection is not proprietary. I think Merck makes a generic version for the US.

Yeah I read about them a bit last night.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I use Pacer BioThreat (VIRS) ETF which is more diversified for battling the pandemic.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

jrandy

Established Member

Reading the original post and seeing the timestamp, I just cringed. Good luck guessing at the right moment to pull out of the market, oh yea, and then the right time to jump back in.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Set your allocation for your risk tolerance, reallocate during significant moves.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

cobracide

Established Member
I rolled my 401k to a traditional IRA brokerage account and invest in exactly what I want to. Also - then if you want, you can roll some over to a Roth IRA. Then it's tax free forever after initial conversion costs. 401k target funds are bullshit.

Adower

Established Member
A lot of people overthink the 401k. Invest in an index fund that follows the S&P500 and you're set. Let it grow for 20+ years and you'll be fine.

Once you get close to retirement then you can adjust more to bonds.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
A lot of people overthink the 401k. Invest in an index fund that follows the S&P500 and you're set. Let it grow for 20+ years and you'll be fine.

Once you get close to retirement then you can adjust more to bonds.
Hopefully, never know with these dumbass politicians.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hopefully, never know with these dumbass politicians.

Yup, as I recall the Odumbass administration was contemplating a "401k skim" of a percent or 2 on everyone's 401k.

I'd like to think that would have made him a recipient of several high velocity doses of lead if they actually tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread