5.4 2v PARTS NEEDED

Sn_again

Established Member
I think he used a 5.4 3V intake which wouldn't work for the OP. Far as I know, the HPS is the only one that will fit under the stock hood of our cars. All the other intakes are larger and require an aftermarket hood. I'm running a ported HPS on my 5.4 swap car.
where did you find you hps

BlackStang00

Established Member
I think he used a 5.4 3V intake which wouldn't work for the OP. Far as I know, the HPS is the only one that will fit under the stock hood of our cars. All the other intakes are larger and require an aftermarket hood. I'm running a ported HPS on my 5.4 swap car.
I realize that, I meant in terms of how he got the exhaust to fit and what mounts he is running.

Sn_again

Established Member
eBay probably 5-10 years ago. But hps was still making intakes at that point. I know they do a run once they get enough orders, but maybe they stopped making them now all together?
yea every time I check their website it's just silicon tubing

1bad351

Established Member
I realize that, I meant in terms of how he got the exhaust to fit and what mounts he is running.
Ahhh got ya. Yeah I'm still trying to figure out mounts. I have poly mounts now, but I heard they actually raise the engine over stock mounts. I haven't test fit the engine yet, so I don't know how much trouble I'll have fitting everything. Time will tell.

A tubular K member isn't out of the question, but I really don't have the money for it now. I'm more worried about frame rail and steering shaft clearance anyway. Since I have the mid lengths I don't think I'll have floor pan issues with the headers. Just have to probably modify the down pipe a bit to widen it and maybe add some length. I'm hoping the steering shaft I got will give me enough clearance with my headers. It's all going to be tight. Really tight. I just reference the 2000 Cobra R for a lot of stuff since it was a 5.4 DOHC

1bad351

Established Member
yea every time I check their website it's just silicon tubing
Shoot them an e-mail and ask. Also check craigslist and post WTB ads on all the forums. Also got your FB marketplace listings. A stretch but you never know. Just keep looking. It took me some time to find mine.

Users who are viewing this thread