5.8 in the new S550 SVT?

steeltoe

Established Member
777 is tied to an address in Dearborn, not a particular product. When you hear a 777 project, that can mean either a Roush project or a Roush/SVT project. There have been many.

777 Republic Dr., which is not coincidentally next door to SVT.

777 is most commonly used in reference to the engine in Don Bowles Roush Mustang. It might be used for other things but for most it's in reference to that engine.

Not being a dick but Republic Drive is in Allen Park and saying there's a Roush building in Allen Park is like saying there's a stop sign in Allen Park. There are a lot of them. lol

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
777 is most commonly used in reference to the engine in Don Bowles Roush Mustang. It might be used for other things but for most it's in reference to that engine.

Not being a dick but Republic Drive is in Allen Park and saying there's a Roush building in Allen Park is like saying there's a stop sign in Allen Park. There are a lot of them. lol

Everyone at Ford uses it to describe that particular building. Yes, there are many Roush facilities, and Ford and other car related companies all over that part of Michigan. That's kind of the theme up there I suppose. Slow your roll on the whole Allen Park critique. Its like a mile from the glass tower. I live in Garden Ridge, TX, but it has a more universal understanding if I just simply say I live in San Antonio, TX, no?

But no, I don't think your a dick for sayin that at all. I was just giving a little insight that I had on the label 777. To a pilot, its a bad ass puddle jumper. Lmao.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I never knew that about 777. As an "outsider" I only knew it as a project. Pretty cool though.

JD09GT500

Established Member
It same starter at every mod moter uses and I bet Ford uses it on the new enginers as well. Ford by law has to stock a Motorcraft partnumber of an out of production car for 10 years.

Actually the part number I was talking about is Shelby/SVT specific. All other mod motors are different housings. Alternators are also different part numbers. For example Coyote starter and alternator are one particular part number. The housings and alternator frames are specific for that engine. Shelby/SVT starters and alternators are completely different design housings and frames. They are produced in very small production runs. That being said you are correct about stocking parts. Even the frames used in the F-Series trucks are different. Like I said a while back, typically part numbers that are destined to be stock pile parts are only produced one or twice a month. Those part numbers are service parts. Motors that are still being built in normal production are supplied parts every other day. Depending on production volume everyday. For example the F-Series starters/alternators are built everyday.

Last edited:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
We took a tour of Watson Racing last week on a trip to Dearborn. Surprisingly, they came right out and confirmed the GT350 AND that they would be responsible for a VIN'd R model. Also confirmed that its a flat crank NA, and since they produced the BOSS S, I can only assume they have a race only version down the line as well.

I notice a few of you have mentioned the Trinity. The bombshell of the trip came when I heard the Romeo engine plant was closed off to tours because the plant was working on Voodoo and a NEW big block to replace the 5.8 -and said as if that information was just common knowledge.

I've heard rumors, and I usually don't throw much weight into their content. But this would make sense if Ford does decide to throw a Mach 1 or Boss 429 at the Hellcat.

Just sayin- you heard it here pretty early.

Users who are viewing this thread