$5 and a little patience...

PhantomX

Established Member
So I haven't been totally thrilled with the all black wheel that I chose. I've been looking at the SVE matte black drift's and will probably end up getting those but until I do I thought I'd play around with my wheels to see if I could at lease accent the look a little. I was thinking maybe machine the spokes or something to help bring the shape of the wheel out.

Got a wild hair up my ass and thought lets throw some good old fashion wheel tape on them. I've been doing it to motorcycles for years and it really brings the look out nicely. Figured why not try it on the car. So after some tinkering with colors and designs I ended up with this. Overall thought it came out pretty nice. The cool part is if I don't like it just peel it off. Or if I want to go crazy I could a different color. Really thought about yellow that would pop nicely. If I want to make it permanent I could have my paint guy just paint the design on.

Here's what $5 and little patience can do...
Before:
FE44E0EF-7B43-45B7-B28D-3A69E7DAE870.jpg

After: the color is actually silver but the light made this one look a little white.
E45E8411-B207-4ACB-B1AB-9121FC897975.jpg

As you step back a bit it blends in pretty good:
75204C5D-A4AB-479B-B02E-435842426C08.jpg

C4B7291D-5F72-4328-980E-296C3FD35E86.jpg

I could get it painted on or have the spokes machined to give it a more factory look or just say screw it and get the SVE wheels lol...

PhantomX

Established Member
Yeah i'm really leaning toward the either the black or the dark stainless in the SVE Drift's. Silver is nice too but nothing on the car is sliver or chrome anymore so to much contrast.

Rct851

Established Member
I've done both on SGM. I say embrace contrast and go silver. Granted my black wheels looked much better in person than pictures, they still don't go as well as silver
image_zps59bbbedc.jpg

RCT3_zps28c34ace.jpg

PhantomX

Established Member
Do you think the bright silver (cause the silvers are really really bright) or the Dark Stainless which is more like the Brembo wheel finish...

scott_0

Established Member
I had SVE Drifts and they were a decent looking wheel, but theyre not as good looking as the LS wheels you currently have on there, or the AMR wheels imo.........

Rct851

Established Member
I considered the dark stainless drifts before I found my vossens used on here. I wanted the wheels to "Pop" a little.

PhantomX

Established Member
I'm still kinda trying to keep the bling out of it, I like that sinister, evil, something wicked this way comes kinda look. There's a couple different looks. There's "that's sexy as hell" and then there's "**** that looks wicked evil". I'm kinda going for the latter... I don't want anything shiny or chrome, etc. Everything has been kinda muted...

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
don't they make a boss wheel like that that already has like a machined face and the rest of the wheel black??? I am pretty sure they do

PhantomX

Established Member
They do but the whole center and rim lip and spokes are all machined. I've thought about those because they are a factory wheel but they just don't scream bad ass lol... They're nice but just ok.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Op looks good, but I would keep them all black my opinion. I have gloss black F14's and like said above the all black wheels look better in person in pictures they can be a little hard to make out.

Users who are viewing this thread