5-lug 1993 cobra rims a reality

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
What brakes are you running up front??

(looking for someone to verify these wheels will indeed work with 13" rotors + pbr calipers)
thanks
Mark

This is not my car, but he is running the MK2300 kit so here is your verification that these wheels will work with 13"ers and pbr's.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
I have never done a 5 lug swap but seeing this is making me consider it. So just do a regular 5 lug swap and these rims and it will all fit together like it was stock? Are the new rims gonna sit in or out too far? I might just buy the rims and store them for a while but I dont want to find out later in a few years that they stick in or out too far, or they are too narrow or wide.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Also, any other problems like rubbing while turning or grinding in the rear. Any weird quirks, to remind you that this car is not stock?

fivestangs

Established Member
I have never done a 5 lug swap but seeing this is making me consider it. So just do a regular 5 lug swap and these rims and it will all fit together like it was stock? Are the new rims gonna sit in or out too far? I might just buy the rims and store them for a while but I dont want to find out later in a few years that they stick in or out too far, or they are too narrow or wide.

You have to convert to fox length axles in the rear (well, at least you do if you want them to not stick out of the fenders).

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
You have to convert to fox length axles in the rear (well, at least you do if you want them to not stick out of the fenders).

X2

RydeOn said:
So just do a regular 5 lug swap and these rims and it will all fit together like it was stock? I might just buy the rims and store them for a while, but are the new rims gonna sit in or out too far? Any weird quirks to remind you that this car is not stock?

Storing them wouldn’t be a bad idea if you have the money. If later you decided you didn't want to do the swap I'm sure you'd at least make your money back on eBay. These could be worth some big coin later on to the right person. After this order is filled I don't see another one starting again anytime soon, if EVER.

The offset was selected, based on using Fox length axles and 94-95 spindles, so the face of the wheel would not sit out too far but at the same time allow people to widen them by adding thickness to the inside of the wheel. So if you use, or stay close to, the Fox length axles and 94-95 spindles it will look stock.

I have the Baer Dutchman Axles, which are a hair longer than the fox axles, and Steeda Sport springs. I had the rear fender lips rolled because they were rubbing ‘slightly’ on the drivers side of my 275 Nitto DR but I’m the only one I know of that did this. I also have minor rubbing up front with 245’s but it is no worse than it rubbed with the stock rims and 245’s. I also had to reroute my steel braided brake lines up front to accommodate the extra thickness.

Last edited:

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Alright, this is literally your last chance to get onboard. The minimum order has been meet and the order should be processed soon and I doubt this will happen again.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
I put in for a set a little over a month ago also. I haven't heard a response from anyone nor has my deposit been charged.

Is there a rep keeping track of the list for svtperformance members? I'm not on the corral and I hope my order doesn't get lost because Im not on that site. When I talked to the guy on the phone he acted like the wheels would be done by the end of the year. Any updates?

Users who are viewing this thread