5 New Jersey Fifth Graders arrested for planning to detonate explosives in a school

Planter

Banned
what in the blue blazes is going with kids these days? :eek: I'm at a loss for words.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...360248991.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_NYBrand

Police in Clifton, New Jersey say five fifth-grade students were arrested after they allegedly planned to set off explosives at the local high school.

According to Clifton police, the students at School 11 were found with written plans for attacks at Clifton High School. Administrators discovered the alleged plans, but it's not clear how they were led to them.

The children have been released into the custody of their parents, but are suspended from school, police said.

School district officials could not immediately be reached for comment Wednesday evening.

Police are investigating.

cbj5259

Established Member
When I was in 5th grade I was playing with GI Joe and Transformers...awesome how much progress we are making as a country.

Planter

Banned
When I was in 5th grade I was playing with GI Joe and Transformers...awesome how much progress we are making as a country.

totally agree. Mass shootings, kids putting their siblings in the microwave, kids trying to blow up their schools...starting to wonder if it's time to think about packing up and moving out of the country. New Zealand or something. some place peaceful.

cbj5259

Established Member
totally agree. Mass shootings, kids putting their siblings in the microwave, kids trying to blow up their schools...starting to wonder if it's time to think about packing up and moving out of the country. New Zealand or something. some place peaceful.
It's time for parents to start being parents.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Clifton isn't even a bad area, hell its not even a really dense area either. If this was camden or newark or east orange I'd just say "oh".

Weird

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
In the Middle East children are carrying out mass executions and cutting off heads.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
To a fifth grader explosives = lady finger firecracker.

And to the government or "authorities" what you mentioned would be looked upon as something our soldiers experience in the Middle East. Not saying these "explosives" were the crap you buy in the Walmart parking lot the weeks before the 4th but the government tends to look at things differently than someone with pause and sense.

jbs$

Established Member
The very idea that kids, indulging in make believe roll play, with out any means or possibly of actually carrying out their wild scheme, are charged with anything, now, that is the crime. Are there no longer any adults in our World?

Kiohtee

Established Member
The very idea that kids, indulging in make believe roll play, with out any means or possibly of actually carrying out their wild scheme, are charged with anything, now, that is the crime. Are there no longer any adults in our World?

Do you live in the same America as the rest of us? These threats are not to be taken lightly, regardless of age.

jbs$

Established Member
Do you live in the same America as the rest of us? These threats are not to be taken lightly, regardless of age.

I stand by my statement. Where in modern society are the Adults exercising Adult judgement over issues great and small? It is a sick and irresponsible society that criminalizes childhood behavior.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I stand by my statement. Where in modern society are the Adults exercising Adult judgement over issues great and small? It is a sick and irresponsible society that criminalizes childhood behavior.

I don't know man. I think we all knew better than to create a plan to kill other children. I don't think these kids should serve serious time but they should be punished and mentally evaluated. I also think their parents have some accountability here as well.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I don't know man. I think we all knew better than to create a plan to kill other children. I don't think these kids should serve serious time but they should be punished and mentally evaluated. I also think their parents have some accountability here as well.

I can agree with this 100%.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I mean, I bet a lot of fifth graders have talked about blowing up a school at some point haha.

So how detailed were these plans? Do the kids have access to actual explosives? Did the kids sign their names on the plans so they'd be easily found? Sounds like a ridiculous story to me.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I stand by my statement. It is a sick and irresponsible society that criminalizes childhood behavior.

Robert Thompson and Jon Venables were both 10 years old when they abducted and killed two-year-old James Bulger in 1993. The young boys snatched the toddler from a shopping mall while his mother was inside a store, and took him on a 2.5-mile walk across Liverpool. The boys were seen walking by approximately 38 people, but many assumed he was their younger brother. Venables and Thompson took Bulger to a railway line where they tortured and brutally attacked the toddler. Bulger suffered multiple skull fractures from blows to the head, and was sexually abused by the two older boys. After the beatings, they left Bulger’s lifeless body across the railway tracks so that his body would be cut in half.

Childhood behavior should not be criminalized, Got It.

Machdup1

Established Member

Agreed.

10-12 year old children do not have fully formed minds and mimic what thy see and read. If they are being exposed to these materials, that is a parenting problem.

These children need parental discipline, not a brush with the justice system.

Users who are viewing this thread