50....errr...Two Shades of Grey. An Encore Build Thread

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
You guys are artists of the best kind. You guys should do this full time, if you dont already.
The attention to detail is beyond impressive here. I get paid to be overly anal in my work and I feel inadequate in my work after looking at your last 2 builds.....hahahahaha
Awesome work as always gentlemen.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
The car looks better every time you reply w/pics that was a fun car to build and I’m glad it went to someone who uses it for what it’s supposed to be used for!! Now just to get the vert looking that good!! It might take a little time for me to get it that far but I have J to help with that he really is an awesome person and friend. Looks amazing Geoff keep it up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I am enjoying the car immensely! I am enjoying watching the new build and seeing the catalog of amazing parts being put to use. Only a little bummed about not trying it all out on the vert, but I will get over that every time I drive the DSG

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
That was my dream suspension until it started to be more drag oriented and at a power level that ended up higher than anticipated

It’s a road course based suspension, with the heavy duty torque arm to handle a turbo setup. It will do both drag and cornering very well without any drama

BYEPOLR

Established Member
You guys are artists of the best kind. You guys should do this full time, if you dont already.
The attention to detail is beyond impressive here. I get paid to be overly anal in my work and I feel inadequate in my work after looking at your last 2 builds.....hahahahaha
Awesome work as always gentlemen.
Thank you brother. Too kind. We’ve talked about it for sure. Mark is about to take on some projects at Walsh Racing and I’m finishing my masters in clinical psychology so I can counsel vets and others with PTSD. Right now it’s our “almost full time hobby” :)

I may just be forgetting, what kinda power goals for this thing?
800-1000

Last edited:

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Welded up a custom intake tube as the cold side and the turbo gets ready to be buttoned up. Just mocked it up for a visual. Still have to weld the v band flange for the BOV before I run it down to be powdercoated
IMG_8127.JPG
IMG_8128.JPG
IMG_8131.JPG
IMG_8132.JPG

BYEPOLR

Established Member
hmmm... when I had my axle tubes welded and rear braced over @ trz they seemed pretty against that suspension setup (I do realize they're a hardcore drag race shop though). Maybe I'll revisit it (really just need to shoot MM tech support an email).
The only weak area on these suspensions is the bushings. The urethane in the LCA’s won’t hold up to big power. If those are severe duty then MM will sign off on the entire setup over 1000. I was on the phone with them about that very same question. Either way the car is basically being built as a show car with serious street capabilities. I can’t ever see it being used as a competition car. Then again whoever buys it may do just that :D

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Looks like the sub frame connectors were welded in on a contact lift, not drive on where the suspension is loaded.
I got ya. So traditionally I’d agree. That is the “rule of thumb” so to speak if you’re being extra cautious (perhaps even erring on the side of caution). However if you’re jacking the car up on the same spots, with a perfectly level lift (this one is), and it’s not a convertible; there will be minimal if ANY body flex. If it were a vert we’d load the suspension for sure. Alas the doors close just as nice as before lol with that said I wouldn’t blame someone for insisting on a drive on lift for peace of mind. We’ve never had an issue to this point going this route. Appreciate the keen eye though. That’s what the forums are for. To learn

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Got the cold side mocked up and dropped the custom stainless intake tubing off to powder. Moved the Intercooler down and forward a bit to A) increase air and B) be more visible through the saleen bumper. Polished it too of course :D
Also swapped out the new tires on the front with....different new tires. I didn’t like the mismatched bulge front to back so I stretched a 245 on them instead of the 275 that was on there. Perfect match and fender flush fitment now. Anyone need a new pair of 275/35/18’s? Lol
IMG_8146.jpg
IMG_8149.jpg
IMG_8150.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread