50 Year Shelby Alcoa Wheels for a S197

Snoopy49

Established Member
What are the 50 Year Shelby Alcoa Wheels for 2005-2014 worth. I have a brand new set that I am thinking about selling.
Thanks
Earl

This is what they look like, mine are new in the box and have never had tires mounted and they come with the CS center caps.

Shelby alcoa 20x9 rims.jpg

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
What are the 50 Year Shelby Alcoa Wheels for 2005-2014 worth. I have a brand new set that I am thinking about selling.
Thanks
Earl

This is what they look like, mine are new in the box and have never had tires mounted and they come with the CS center caps.

View attachment 1622222
They are worth at least $100. Earl. Im gonna go ahead and give you $200.!!!!

Cman01

hello
Established Member
What size are they?? At the very least you probably could sell for what you paid for them as they are new and not mounted and used on your car.

Not to knock on them but I don't see the fascination with Alcoa wheels. Yes they are forged but whenever I check specs on them they are usually narrower in the front for Shelbys than the factory wheel width and they are not exactly lightweight and still cost quite a bit. If you are upgrading wheels you want as wide as possible that will fit properly to use the widest tire that will work to make the car perform better on the road/track.

For the money Alcoas cost you could easily get into a set of Forgeline wheels that are race wheels, tested at the track, tough as nails, fully forged wheel and lightweight like the GA1R I ran on my GT500. Forgeline wheels are leagues ahead of Alcoas AFA performance wheels are concerned. MO.

Forgeline-GA1R-Transparent-Smoke.jpg

Tony

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Established Member
What size are they?? At the very least you probably could sell for what you paid for them as they are new and not mounted and used on your car.

Not to knock on them but I don't see the fascination with Alcoa wheels. Yes they are forged but whenever I check specs on them they are usually narrower in the front for Shelbys than the factory wheel width and they are not exactly lightweight and still cost quite a bit. If you are upgrading wheels you want as wide as possible that will fit properly to use the widest tire that will work to make the car perform better on the road/track.

For the money Alcoas cost you could easily get into a set of Forgeline wheels that are race wheels, tested at the track, tough as nails, fully forged wheel and lightweight like the GA1R I ran on my GT500. Forgeline wheels are leagues ahead of Alcoas AFA performance wheels are concerned. MO.

View attachment 1622256

Tony

This! They are nice wheels but people are nuts to pay that for them.
Honestly even though I got my Venice's for a steal, I think they are overrated too! They sure as shit are not light. I was the same weight on one half the car and actually a tad heavier on the other side with my "Forged" wheels from my cast Shelby wheels.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
There is someone in the GT500 marketplace wheel section selling exactly what u have also NIB.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

This! They are nice wheels but people are nuts to pay that for them.
+1 to all of this. They're nice wheels, but I'd never pay twice what they cost new. IMO, that's a case of fools and their money. (Thankfully, we're not on the "other" forum where truth like that isn't allowed. :rolleyes:)

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1622256

Tony
I can also recommend/vouch for the Forgelines.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Back in 2014 a fellow member did me a solid and sold me a set for what he paid new. No ADM :)
I returned the favor when I sold them to a local guy, but I was tempted to go for the huge money these tend to bring.
Honestly, with a new in box set, I’d probably start at $4000obo but sit on them for a while.
The Alcoa’s will always be a hot item for hardcore Shelby guys and that wheel does look great on our cars.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Back in 2014 a fellow member did me a solid and sold me a set for what he paid new. No ADM :)
I returned the favor when I sold them to a local guy, but I was tempted to go for the huge money these tend to bring.
Honestly, with a new in box set, I’d probably start at $4000obo but sit on them for a while.
The Alcoa’s will always be a hot item for hardcore Shelby guys and that wheel does look great on our cars.
-J

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Kinda surprised in the lack of love with some of these responses. $4,000 is where they were going a few years back before Shelby came out with many other rim variations. I don't think they look as good as the Alcoas but it gave choices. I am thinking closer to $3,000 in today's market but I could be wrong. Start high, you can always come down.

Tom

Kel

Established Member
Thanks
Earl

View attachment 1622222

I'd agree, in the range of $3-4k for BNIB set. They will definitely/eventually sell in that area as someone is always looking for them and they aren't making them anymore. While I do agree the offset dimensions are odd and the weight isn't ideal, I'm old school and like the chrome look. Of course I could be biased :D

Cman01

hello
Established Member
You could chrome a set of Forgelines and it would be custom built to your specs in the proper width and diameter sizing for performance. They would be lighter weight, near the pricing of those Alcoas, and be a better wheel.

Tony

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You could chrome a set of Forgelines and it would be custom built to your specs in the proper width and diameter sizing for performance. They would be lighter weight and near the pricing of those Alcoas, and be a better wheel.

Tony
But but but...they wouldn’t say SHELBY on them.
:)
I agree with you.
-J

Cman01

hello
Established Member
HAHAHA, u can machine the hub bore and install caps that say "Shelby" on them or have Forgeline machine their caps to say it.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Lund's 2020 GT500 is now rolling on Forgeline wheels. Posted up recently by YOLO.

My God those things are a work of art, almost a shame to mount a tire on them to use them on this car or any car that wheel by itself should be hung up in a Mancave and gawked at.

Love'em.

Users who are viewing this thread