501 kg deadlift today at 4pm GMT (Icelandic time) live here!!

quad

Established Member
Awesome stuff! That is a lot of weight. I'm glad he didn't injure himself.

Agree with comments about the Eddie lift versus Thor lift. Thor made it look easy, whilst poor Eddie honestly looked like he had a stroke or something.

------------------------------
Eddie's lift is more impressive to me. Side by side here.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I thought all those strongmen got along. I watch thor, eddie, martins and brian shaw. I thought they all respect each other, eddie hall is a jokester tho and martins seems to be the most relatable.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Freaking amazing!! Congrats to Thor!
upload_2020-5-2_18-43-59.png

03CRUSHER

Established Member
Premium Member
You can't wear those straps at a power lifting meet. I wonder if he can do it without them.

Yep, used to compete and it’s between the chalk on your hands and that bar, no aids except belt allowed. I’m guessing they could each pull a grand completely raw without the straps.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
I probably would be considered more of an Eddie fan but I don't know how people are saying that he made the lift look easier than Thor. I thought Eddie had to do a little "hitching" to get it up.

stangfreak

Established Member
These guys are animals. when I used to get under the bench and flat bench 405, I would start sweating and get nervous. A rush. And incline was even worse. I would do 315 on incline for 10 solid reps no spot and that would just be worse than 405 flat. Now my shoulder labrum tore =( Not bad for a natural bodybuilder I guess. Imagine these guys doing even more? Thats BEAST.

quad

Established Member

I am with Eddie on this. Thor bitched and complained when Eddie won the 2017 WSM saying Eddie cheated and he was stronger than Eddie and should have won. In that contest Eddie squatted more reps, deadlifted more and did more shoulder presses. Thor was a sore loser. And in 2016 at the World Deadlifting Championship Eddie humiliated Thor by lifting 500 kg and Thor had a tough time getting 440 kg up. I am not sure if he ever congratulated Eddie for that amazing performance!

Eddie has benched 585 lbs or (6) 45 lbs plates aside for 6 reps without a spotter! Thor has a bigger squat at 460 kg which is an insane lift. When I was in South Africa there was a shorter guy Ernie Potgieter that squatted 440 kg as a junior in the 90s which was insane for the time. I worked out at a few gyms where he trained. He once dropped a bar loaded with a ton of weight in a large commercial gym and the entire facility shook like an earthquake. All the gym members were shocked! I liked to workout barefoot like Arnold and Ernie came up to me a few times and told me to put my damn shoes on in the gym that he managed lol!

Thor also complained in a contest when he competed against Brian Shaw. He has his Icelandic entourage with him and they come across as bullies imo. I like Thor but I like Eddie more.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Thor and his team can be sore losers for sure. In a competition like WSM, everyone has so much invested I'm not surprised some people don't take the L very well.

Eddie was undoubtablly the stronger of the 2 in 2017. But Eddie said his frame couldn't handle being 400+lbs like Shaw and Thor, and that's part of the reason he retired.

I believe Thor will go down as the better strongman but Hall will be up there as well.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

I am with Eddie on this. Thor bitched and complained when Eddie won the 2017 WSM saying Eddie cheated and he was stronger than Eddie and should have won. In that contest Eddie squatted more reps, deadlifted more and did more shoulder presses. Thor was a sore loser. And in 2016 at the World Deadlifting Championship Eddie humiliated Thor by lifting 500 kg and Thor had a tough time getting 440 kg up. I am not sure if he ever congratulated Eddie for that amazing performance!

Eddie has benched 585 lbs or (6) 45 lbs plates aside for 6 reps without a spotter! Thor has a bigger squat at 460 kg which is an insane lift. When I was in South Africa there was a shorter guy Ernie Potgieter that squatted 440 kg as a junior in the 90s which was insane for the time. I worked out at a few gyms where he trained. He once dropped a bar loaded with a ton of weight in a large commercial gym and the entire facility shook like an earthquake. All the gym members were shocked! I liked to workout barefoot like Arnold and Ernie came up to me a few times and told me to put my damn shoes on in the gym that he managed lol!

Thor also complained in a contest when he competed against Brian Shaw. He has his Icelandic entourage with him and they come across as bullies imo. I like Thor but I like Eddie more.

thor is all Hollywood thanks to GoT

Eddie is just a natural beast. Same with Brian Shaw. These guys are humble as ****

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
And....... He got Abs! Dude is a BEAST! Every other power lifter looks like they're pregnant with twins. Not Eddie!

quad

Established Member
Thor and his team can be sore losers for sure. In a competition like WSM, everyone has so much invested I'm not surprised some people don't take the L very well.

Eddie was undoubtablly the stronger of the 2 in 2017. But Eddie said his frame couldn't handle being 400+lbs like Shaw and Thor, and that's part of the reason he retired.

I believe Thor will go down as the better strongman but Hall will be up there as well.
I agree with you Thor is the better strongman, as strong as Eddie has been. Eddie had a lot of heart but Thor is just a freak of nature.

Kai congratulating Thor!

quad

Established Member
You gotta love Eddie what a showman! I love how he does an interview with the hot blonde reporter while holding 435 kg! That reporter now lives in USA.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
He did that very easily. He's got more in the tank. I hope he and Eddie scrap, I'd watch that shit. Funny this happened today I just watched Eddie's documentary last night on Netflix. They're both frigging beasts. The work and dedication that level of power lifter puts in is ludicrous.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
He did that very easily. He's got more in the tank. I hope he and Eddie scrap, I'd watch that shit. Funny this happened today I just watched Eddie's documentary last night on Netflix. They're both frigging beasts. The work and dedication that level of power lifter puts in is ludicrous.

Yeah, that was a great documentary. Eddie is a good guy, you gotta like him when he goes to the local grocery store and hams it up with the kids, that's friggin' cool.

Users who are viewing this thread