5th. Annual OKTOBERFEST 2008

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
O.K.,, Here’s the Skinny Folk’s .... It’s that time of year again *** OKTOBERFEST *** In Helen, Ga. Oct. 24-26 is the tentative date.
I will post up the Hotel info this weekend, we will be at the same Hotel as the last four years and registry will be under DMR for a group discount.
This is a open house PARTY folk’s, always a great time and lots of folk’s show up.
Were posting it up early this year in an attempt to get a larger crowd. So write it down, do what ever ya got’z ta do now....:cheers:

Garrett
Develop-Mental Racing

Last edited:

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
I will have our pricing the first of the week there managers are off....

This a weekend gig, same hotel each year,,, Plenty of parking,,, Walking distance to Beautiful down town Helen Ga.
If anybody needs it, the hotel for the last two years was the "Motel 6", and the number is (706) 878-8888. I have been called and notified they remember us, but I never gave a final date. They will give you a good rate if somebody calls and lets them know its under DMR Truck Club.
The now firm dates are Oct. 24th (Friday - Sunday a.m) - 26th.......

Some others as well;
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/m...type=C&CP=&TA=
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/c...yID=3000003693
http://www.bestwesterngeorgia.com/ho...-alpine-helen/
http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control...&cid=%EAid!

There will be some DMR give a ways,,,, a gas power Margarita Blender operated by the one and only Slowtruk…..
We had folk’s come from four different states last year, be sure not to miss the Contaminated swim meet, a sure way to lose some money!!!

This quaint Bavarian Village is nestled in the foot hills of the Appalachian Mountains; yes those are Banjo’s playing…. Damm Inbreeds.
This year I think we should set the Bears free baby……….

P.S. this is a family event folk's Plenty too do , from Trout fishing , Rafting/Tubing, Shopping till ya drop, Restaurants, Hiking, Mountain Climbing/Rappelling, Bars & Gift shop's gaa-lllll-lour!!!

P.S.S. The Hotel we use does allow pet’s,,, That’s correct,, There family also!

http://www.helenga.org/

October Fest in Helen, Ga.

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
The info is there, bring the girl, kid's what have you.. It is awesome up there, the country side is breath taking at that time of year. The Dragons Tails is real close,,,,,,,,

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
I made my reservation at the motel 6 today so assuming nothing unforseen comes up....... i'm in. sounds like it has the makings of a good time.
oh and by the way ya can't beat those rates.

Last edited:

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
Cool, I keep missing the manager. I just got off the phone with one of the gals and have a tentative pricing and will have exact prices tomorrow a.m.,,, So you may have some $ coming back your way.. Welcome to the party...
Garrett

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
I made my reservation at the motel 6 today so assuming nothing unforeseen comes up....... I'm in. sounds like it has the makings of a good time.
oh and by the way ya can't beat those rates.
Oh, it's better then that. You have a discount coming back to you, call up and ask for Jennifer and she will get you taken care of. 706-878-8888...

Here is the deal guy's;
DMR discount $75 a night, DBL or King size bed, smoking or non-smoking, pets or no pets....
There are currently 20 rooms blocked off, 15 being doubles and five being kings. We can book more no problem.
You must reserve the room before Oct.1 or the price goes up to $135 a night.
You must ask for the DMR discount, Jennifer is the Manager and very helpful Gal. Motel 6; 1-706-878-8888 contact Jennifer

Last edited:

ANGUS99

Established Member
This is the first year my schedule has allowed us to attend and the wife and I are looking forward to it. We'll be traveling Hwy. 441 early Sat. morning. Maybe those of us coming from that direction can hook up in either Athens or Commerce for a caravan. Anybody in?

ANGUS99

ANGUS99

Established Member
Oh, it's better then that. You have a discount coming back to you, call up and ask for Jennifer and she will get you taken care of. 706-878-8888...

Here is the deal guy's;
DMR discount $75 a night, DBL or King size bed, smoking or non-smoking, pets or no pets....
There are currently 20 rooms blocked off, 15 being doubles and five being kings. We can book more no problem.
You must reserve the room before Oct.1 or the price goes up to $135 a night.
You must ask for the DMR discount, Jennifer is the Manager and very helpful Gal. Motel 6; 1-706-878-8888 contact Jennifer

I've been trying to get through to the above listed number for the past 24 hours (I'm a shift worker) with no luck. It simply rings until you give up and disconnect. I've verified the number with the Motel 6 website and it is indeed the correct number. Anyone know what gives?

ANGUS99

ANGUS99

Established Member
Afraid not, I will be booking my room tomorrow and will ask for you.

I finally reached Jennifer today. When I inquired as to the difficulty in getting Through, Jennifer explained that following a storm, part of the building structure fell onto their natural gas connection causing a leak which forced an evacuation. All is well now and I made our reservation. Until recently, we owned property outside of Helen near Brass town Bald and have attended numerous Helen Octoberfest's. But as I said earlier, this is a first for the L get together and we're thoroughly looking forward to it.

ANGUS99

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
Sweet jesus, thank god we weren't there at the time!!!
Glad you got thru to them, yeah Brasstownn is a kick azz area. I have some property in Talking Rock, nothing like the mountains...

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
Oh so you just didn't want to speak with me. I see how you are,,,,I'll see you there son.........

Users who are viewing this thread