5th gen SS can't outrun ugly... or a Cobra

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
running errands in the Cobra on my day off... what could be better? KILLING a Camaro, that's what!!!

catching a light behind the silver SS didn't really bother me as the local 'maro guys don't seem to be game for spirited driving sessions. as we turn onto the next street the unlikely happens, dude must have held it to the floor! the Camaro starts to pull away... huh? i figure this dude's probably just in a hurry to get somewhere but since we're going the same direction, i'll catch up and see what happens.

making another turn onto the best street in Tatooine, i make the noticeable effort to catch up (loud exhaust). approaching a red light we both hit the open left lane and before we get slowed all the way down, light turns green. the SS had a solid 4 car head start when he laid into it. in third at around 40 i just stuck my foot to the floor. passing the cars in the right lane i duck over and stay in it. before i reach 4th gear we were just about door to door. grass cutting operations ahead forced us to get out of it and pick up the shenanigans further down the road.

after clearing "men at work" we leveled off at 50... when i dropped to third that seemed to be all the reason he needed to go. as soon as his front end starts to come up i, once again, plant my foot firmly to the floor. putting a quick 2.5/3 cars on him i let out.

traffic started to build so another pull was out of the question. he rolled his window down, grinning like the Cheshire cat. we exchanged a "right on man" or something like that and slowly parted ways in the growing traffic.

this is much better than the dude that tried to race me in his riced out Cavalier two hours earlier. i responded with much laughter and didn't even bother wasting gas. he seemed to think he was a bad-ass, dumping the clutch and spinning tires at two lights... impressive i guess, wasn't aware that car could break a tire loose.

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
Nice kill, those newer maros are slower than dog turds... or something like that.

ps... were the "men at work" also men without hats?...

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Nice kill, those newer maros are slower than dog turds... or something like that.

ps... were the "men at work" also men without hats?...

no, no they were not.

and since that stupid song is now stuck in my head, you owe me 1983 internets.

b_dike

Established Member
Lol... stupid 80's songs are the best.

The internet was born in 1983... so you might need to talk to Al Gore bout that one?

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Cobro ..... Cobro ..... Cobro!!!!

:rockon:

COBRO...COBRO...COBRO...

Good shit OP. Glad the guy was kewl. Would've been funnier if you would have said

uploadfromtaptalk1399946009627.jpg

Rios302

Established Member
running errands in the Cobra on my day off... what could be better? KILLING a Camaro, that's what!!!

catching a light behind the silver SS didn't really bother me as the local 'maro guys don't seem to be game for spirited driving sessions. as we turn onto the next street the unlikely happens, dude must have held it to the floor! the Camaro starts to pull away... huh? i figure this dude's probably just in a hurry to get somewhere but since we're going the same direction, i'll catch up and see what happens.

making another turn onto the best street in Tatooine, i make the noticeable effort to catch up (loud exhaust). approaching a red light we both hit the open left lane and before we get slowed all the way down, light turns green. the SS had a solid 4 car head start when he laid into it. in third at around 40 i just stuck my foot to the floor. passing the cars in the right lane i duck over and stay in it. before i reach 4th gear we were just about door to door. grass cutting operations ahead forced us to get out of it and pick up the shenanigans further down the road.

after clearing "men at work" we leveled off at 50... when i dropped to third that seemed to be all the reason he needed to go. as soon as his front end starts to come up i, once again, plant my foot firmly to the floor. putting a quick 2.5/3 cars on him i let out.

traffic started to build so another pull was out of the question. he rolled his window down, grinning like the Cheshire cat. we exchanged a "right on man" or something like that and slowly parted ways in the growing traffic.

this is much better than the dude that tried to race me in his riced out Cavalier two hours earlier. i responded with much laughter and didn't even bother wasting gas. he seemed to think he was a bad-ass, dumping the clutch and spinning tires at two lights... impressive i guess, wasn't aware that car could break a tire loose.

Is this the Cavalier you are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8u3saf2XoU

Users who are viewing this thread