6.2 Numbers Released

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
411 hp and 434

377206863.jpg

377206870.jpg

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2-liter V-8 Power Ratings Announced - PickupTrucks.com Special Reports

Along with a new extreme Raptor

377206866.jpg

377206867.jpg

First Look: Ford FR Raptor XT Pre-Runner at SEMA - PickupTrucks.com Special Reports

Last edited:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
The most interesting speculation is here:
The new 6.2-liter V-8, formerly known as the Boss engine -- and the Hurricane before that -- will find its way under the hood of the 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty F-250 and F-350 pickups, and is likely to also find its way into other F-150 models beyond the Raptor's off-road niche.
- That's the news I've been waiting to hear!!!

. . . also could the picture of the "6.2L" emblem foreshadow a new Lightning?!?! :-D

Z28

Established Member
Good numbers, but they don't seem that impressive considering the new 5.0 is suppose to have around 400 hp 400 tq. Half ton trucks have had a 400+ horse engines for quite a while now, and the new sierras have the new 6.2 with low 400's and Dodge upped the 5.7 Hemi to 390 horse. Just kinda seems like a big hype for an average engine.

That will be more than enough power for what that truck was built for though.

Last edited:

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Good numbers, but they don't seem that impressive considering the new 5.0 is suppose to have around 400 hp 400 tq. Half ton trucks have had a 400+ horse engines for quite a while now, and the new sierras have the new 6.2 with low 400's and Dodge upped the 5.7 Hemi to 390 horse. Just kinda seems like a big hype for an average engine.

I agree with you on that one. If I was to pick between the 5.0 and the 6.2 for the mustang I'll pick the latest. The potential of the 6.2l on n/a form most likely will not be touched with the 5.0. I am an all motor fan and sick of the lack of power of the modular engines on n/a form. Common...with a V8 you shouldn't need forced induction to be competitive do you? Shit there are V6's making more power than the modulars:shrug:that to me is a :nono:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

why does it need to be more? i mean this is its first installment, and it does meat the more restrictive epa ratings coming out. add to that it will be a modders dream. first i heard 7.5 at 750 crank hp n/a, now i hearing 8.0 out of the same 6.2 block!!!!:pepper:

lucheski

Established Member

Gm and chrysler dont seem that impressive considering they are failed companies propped up with gov dollars. With the first being totally owned by the tax payer:lol: :poke:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Kinda dissappointed honestly. :shrug: These just seem like average numbers, I was hoping for at least 420/460. :sleeping:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gm and chrysler dont seem that impressive considering they are failed companies propped up with gov dollars. With the first being totally owned by the tax payer:lol: :poke:

What does the success of the company or being owned by the government/tax payers have to do with a particular motor produced by that company being better than what the competition offers. Chrysler or GM could be losing money like there was no tomorrow, and be in danger of going belly up, and still have the best truck or car motor available. So then that motor wouldn't be impressive in its own right? :shrug:

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
What does the success of the company or being owned by the government/tax payers have to do with a particular motor produced by that company being better than what the competition offers. Chrysler or GM could be losing money like there was no tomorrow, and be in danger of going belly up, and still have the best truck or car motor available. So then that motor wouldn't be impressive in its own right? :shrug:

Well said! :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Put a nice tune in it and it'll make what you guys are wanting.

I love everything about the truck. Sure it could have more power but it's got plenty to work with or build on.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Do you think FRPP will have a performance pack for this motor that can be dealer installed and not void the warranty? I have a 6.2 on order but it won't even be made for a long time.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
why does it need to be more? i mean this is its first installment, and it does meat the more restrictive epa ratings coming out. add to that it will be a modders dream. first i heard 7.5 at 750 crank hp n/a, now i hearing 8.0 out of the same 6.2 block!!!!:pepper:

No way you'll ever see close to 750 hp without major modifications. This engine has cast pistons and crank, so good luck with that. You make it sound like a simple increase in displacement will net you +350hp.

It's nice to see a nice big engine with good power, but it's not that impressive.

lucheski

Established Member

Well written argument. I was just messing with the guy in good fun. I respect certain Chrysler and GM products just like every car guy should. However, if GM's products are so much better then why hasn't their stuff selling for so many years? Im sorry but I'll pay my greater respects to Ford...isn't this a Ford site?

2784_80399957750_511092750_2230707_4835871_n.jpg

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
How many years will the Raptors be made?

Hoping to get my hands on a new one in a year or so. :burnout:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
nice, but does ford have a thing against neat and clean looking engine bays?

Users who are viewing this thread