Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Where are all the Boss 6.2 SOHC 2v new edge swaps?

The boss motor has been out for 10 years now, and can easily be found on ebay for around 3k...perhaps even cheaper with some patience.

The only completed 6.2 swap I've seen was a foxbody for sale on this forum over 5 years ago. Had a carb set up but made 500 hp NA and ran high 9s. It was a bad ass street machine!

Could the coyote control pack be used/modified to bolt up a 3650 or t56 without getting NASA involved?

Let's make new edge GT's great again...why be a coyote when you could be a Boss!

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Gross.

LOL at the "boss" being a superior swap than the Coyote.

If youre serious, go find yourself a 7.3 and then we can get on board!

Oh trust me, thought def crossed my mind! The godzillia is a beast but could argue that swap would have the same issues as the 6.2 swap not to mention whatever happened to teams Z kmember/swap kit? Was excited for updates on that project but guess they are still messing around with it.

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
It’s a large heavy engine with limited aftermarket support. There are much better swap options.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I have a coyote in my truck and I love it...its a great motor but its getting thrown into everything even restomods. With a need of full rebuild on the horizon the lure of the 6.2 is strong. Would be cool if someone took the financial plunge to figure out what the main issues would be and give some real feedback on what it feels like to drive.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I say go for it. Id love to see them done. Would think a donor truck would not be hard to find to swap it all over

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Donor truck is a good idea, since I already have a 13 fx4 I could probably benifet from having some extra parts. Would have to hide it in the back yard from the wife though lol!

With 3k burning a hole in my pocket that congress has approved to be used for car parts, the responsible part of me says replace the clutch, suspension and other wear and tear items that are much needed first.
The idiot side of me says buy an engine stand, a used 6.2 to tinker with and let the chips fall.

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Found this raptor swapped S197 on another forum from 9 years ago. I can just picture a cool sheetmetal intake or blower slightly poking through the hood! In reality SID is right though...This kind of swap isn't common for a reason. Even if the motor magically appeared at my doorstep, i'd be better off selling it and piecing together a centri kit with used parts.
upload_2020-9-2_12-55-3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread