6.7 Fuel System Disaster Prevention Kits

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
edit: if you run of these kits which one? I know S&S diesel has one but not sure on other options

so per my other thread we have a truck down getting $9k in fuel system work because the CP4 pump let got @ 180k miles. I saw mention of these disaster prevention additional filter kits. I asked the dealer about installing one while they're doing the repairs. The service writer said he talked with their techs and they do not install them because the only time they've dealt with those systems was when trucks came in having issues and those kits were supposedly the reason for them.

Anyone have any feedback on this?

Has there been any change or improvement to the pumps? We have this 2016 that's getting the fuel system and also have a 2019 truck. The failure mileage of these pumps seems to be all over the place.

We fuel at our own location which turns through fuel pretty fast. The mechanic, who is pretty rock solid, claims he has never gotten more than a few drops of water out of the separator on his 2016. Seeing how the truck made it 180k I don't think its a fuel quality/maintenance issue

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I had a tech blame my Expedition running poorly on my AEM drop in filter. After they diagnosed it as a bad MAF. If it's not a factory part they have no clue what to do and is automatically the issue.

Just my opinion.

BossMane

Established Member
I put the disaster proof kit on my 2015 6.7 4DSRW, also tuned, deleted, CAI, lift and 35" tires, etc. etc...

I've never had an issue with my disaster proof kit

I add a little 2-stroke oil to my fuel every second or third fill up. The Bosch pumps are designed around the European diesel fuel, which has a higher oil content. I don't have any research backing up this tactic, but me and several friends are running 6.7 trucks with 200k-300k on the original pumps......knock on wood

220,000 miles on original CP4

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I put the disaster proof kit on my 2015 6.7 4DSRW, also tuned, deleted, CAI, lift and 35" tires, etc. etc...

I've never had an issue with my disaster proof kit

I add a little 2-stroke oil to my fuel every second or third fill up. The Bosch pumps are designed around the European diesel fuel, which has a higher oil content. I don't have any research backing up this tactic, but me and several friends are running 6.7 trucks with 200k-300k on the original pumps......knock on wood

220,000 miles on original CP4

are you running S&S Diesel?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
SPE Performance has a kit I was looking at purchasing. Topcorey on YouTube runs their setup on his Powerstrokes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Is that the one that requires cutting the stock line?

Honestly, I don’t remember it’s been so long since I watched the video. They were out of stock for the longest time due to demand, so I held off on buying one. I don’t think stock is an issue now though, so I should just buy the thing and put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJackson515

Established Member
Disaster kits are meh. Use an additive every few fill ups like BossMane said. We use and recommend BG products.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Just ordered my SPE disaster prevention kit due to them still running their sales from Cyber Monday. Free shipping and paid $356.00 instead of $419.00.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
It also help to drain your fuel filter as well. This is something that some forget to do. Diluted diesel fuel is a CP4 killer.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
HP. in the winter, I will use it every tank.
thanks. Luckily we don't really have winter here, don't think our fuel changes much either.
It also help to drain your fuel filter as well. This is something that some forget to do. Diluted diesel fuel is a CP4 killer.

Our mechanic checks his pretty religiously, said he never got more than 1-2 drops out, usually nothing. We have our own fuel on site in above ground tanks and turn through a tanker load a week, our fuel doesn't sit.

BossMane

Established Member

I agree 100%!
I change my fuel filter and water separator at every oil change. A little overkill, but CP4s are expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread