6 inch buffer

boost88

Established Member
So I'll start by saying I really don't have a ton of cash to spend on detailing items. I know you get what you pay for but... just don't have a few hundred or more to dump into detailing stuff.

I got a 6 inch orbital for chirstmas 18v ryobi 6 inch. As I said I know there's way better. Should I be at least looking for better pads? Comes with the standard wool and microfiber.

My goal is this winter to give it as good of a paint correction that I can with what I've got to work with. It's got a decent oxidation spot on the hood that hasn't really started to whiten yet and the spoiler I'm afraid is beyond repair. Its a 23 year old car that honestly didn't get much love

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have a couple Ryobi tools and I like them. As far as pads something like this might work for for you:

I tried to post a link from Amazon but it doesn't seem to be working. Look up buffing package. There will be a few choices.

boost88

Established Member
Will do. I have a ton of ryobi 18v tools. I really like that line its got all kinds of options.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
You'll be fine with that machine. I would definitely look at different/better pads than what came with it. Lake Country Force Hybrid pads, CCS and the thin pro foams are worth looking into.

boost88

Established Member
You'll be fine with that machine. I would definitely look at different/better pads than what came with it. Lake Country Force Hybrid pads, CCS and the thin pro foams are worth looking into.
Thanks. I checked them out and looks like it's mostly hook and loop stuff. I'm going to assume it's possible to the hook and loop stuff kn there by rigging up the machine accordingly

Users who are viewing this thread