6R80 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Plackis

Established Member
Oh and for those interested. In the USSHIFT instructions they go over it in more detail but paddle shifters can be installed as well. I’ll post a link to the ones that suggest when i get out of class. They’re a little pricey but from other people that have used them i hear they’re top notch but you have to have a 6 bolt steering wheel. Without a 6 bolt you can go for the set up people use on the 13/14 GT’s and get AMG paddles. There’s a bunch of write ups on that

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

TP 112

Established Member
Oh man I'll be following this for sure. I was also just thinking of doing this swap also. Please keep the info coming guy's.

Michael Plackis

Established Member
Nice man. I was there today to get a base tune while Steve puts on my ported blower and I’ll be back there Tuesday morning for a tune.
Let me know what they say there. I’m gonna talk with Steve about it more when I go to pick the car up

stangfreak

Established Member
nice. I'll shoot you a message tomorrow. If they can't do it I'll call Steve.

stangfreak

Established Member
Well, I was starting to order the parts for the swap but not sure now. I've had this car going on 15 years. I feel like I passed my course with the cobra. Been pricing out used c7 stingrays. Yellow 8 speed auto.

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
Well, I was starting to order the parts for the swap but not sure now. I've had this car going on 15 years. I feel like I passed my course with the cobra. Been pricing out used c7 stingrays. Yellow 8 speed auto.

C'mon stangfreak, keep the Cobra!! I'm still debating on swapping or just upgrading to a 2016/17 GT with auto. I love my wife's 2013 GT w/auto

Michael Plackis

Established Member
Ordered my driveshaft. Slowly getting it done. All I still need to get it in the car and working is the controller and crossmember. For anyone looking to do this and needs the driveshaft you can shoot me a PM and I’ll give you the details for who I went though

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Ordered my driveshaft. Slowly getting it done. All I still need to get it in the car and working is the controller and crossmember. For anyone looking to do this and needs the driveshaft you can shoot me a PM and I’ll give you the details for who I went though

How much did you end up spending on all the parts? If you could post a parts list that would be awesome! :) As soon as my clutch goes out this is the route I'm going to take.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I’ve been thinking about going auto. I have a 4r75 or whatever it is from an 03 Mach 1 but a 6 speed auto sounds fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Plackis

Established Member
How much did you end up spending on all the parts? If you could post a parts list that would be awesome! :) As soon as my clutch goes out this is the route I'm going to take.

IMG_9061.JPG
This is a general parts list. It is realistically everything you’d need plus some more. You don’t have to do a converter or paddle shifters but I want the paddles because I am keeping my stock shifter and would like to be able to control what gear I’m in. But the downside is you have to replace your steering wheel and get rid of your airbag, which I already have so no big deal for me

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

maxrider

Established Member
I would love to have one of these before I go 4r70. But I’m afraid it’s gonna be to much of a headache

Michael Plackis

Established Member
I would love to have one of these before I go 4r70. But I’m afraid it’s gonna be to much of a headache

I wouldn’t shy away from it too much. I would definitely have it done already if I wasn’t on a 19 year olds college budget and spent most of my money on my car haha. It’s not that hard of a swap. Tomorrow I will do a full parts write up for everyone so they can see what they need. Depends on which route you go but it can be done for about $4000 for a trans that can run 9’s. I’ll try and share as much info as I can along the way but after doing some needed repairs on the daily I’m going a little slower than I was hoping. If anyone is really looking to do it soon you can always shoot me a pm and I can email/text everything they need and talk them through it

Michael Plackis

Established Member
IMG_9061.JPG

Here’s a basic parts list with general prices. If you aren’t buying a fully built one I strongly suggest getting the F150 6R80, it HAS to be from a 5.0 2WD truck. The F150 trans has an extra clutch on every gear compared to the mustang GT trans, and it’s about 1/6 the price. If anyone has any specific questions about parts feel free to ask. It was just a general list I wrote up. Some stuff can be had for cheaper but those are the usual going rates

maxrider

Established Member
Power by the hour claims you got to have a drive by wire throttle body? Any truth to that

maxrider

Established Member
Power by the hour claims you got to have a drive by wire throttle body? Any truth to that

Michael Plackis

Established Member
Not true. If you go on the USSHIFT website you can read into their controller which is exponentially better than the PBH one. The PBH one only allows for a stock coyote to be controlled. The USSHIFT controller is much more adaptive to any set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread