6th Gen ZL1 runs 9.99 @ 140 mph with minimal mods

DarkMach1

Established Member
next time don’t get so defensive, I asked for your times as a serious question, I’m mostly on my phone and couldn’t see the sig. it’s ok to say tracks are closed due to weather up north. No one will hold it against you.

DarkMach1

Established Member
24479330-AAE8-4B62-950A-82D11626917E.jpeg
Maybe?!?!
lol

It’s cool. It happens. It’s not stock, but OP says it is, so. Lol

DarkMach1

Established Member
Was your “maybe!?! Lol” not directed at my comment about you missing my sarcasm? If not then disregard, I thought it was.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Honest question. What's more fun to drive?

It is an honest question, but not really a fair comparison. I am still in that new car feel mode. Temperatures have been low enough that driving the Camaro on Summer Only tires has been limited and driving the Cobra on Mickey Thompson drag radials is a non starter.

The Cobra feels a LOT smaller now, like go-kart small. It also feels like a 4x4 in seating position and it has lowering springs.

The Camaro is much more comfortable on the inside and the tech is incredibily different.

For straight line gear banging, the Cobra is probably a 9/10. The Camaro is better in every other sense and you can have a hell of a lot more fun on back roads. It is so fast and capable, that you really can't fully enjoy it on the street.

If I had to pick, I'd keep the Camaro. Fortunately, I don't.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It is an honest question, but not really a fair comparison. I am still in that new car feel mode. Temperatures have been low enough that driving the Camaro on Summer Only tires has been limited and driving the Cobra on Mickey Thompson drag radials is a non starter.

The Cobra feels a LOT smaller now, like go-kart small. It also feels like a 4x4 in seating position and it has lowering springs.

The Camaro is much more comfortable on the inside and the tech is incredibily different.

For straight line gear banging, the Cobra is probably a 9/10. The Camaro is better in every other sense and you can have a hell of a lot more fun on back roads. It is so fast and capable, that you really can't fully enjoy it on the street.

If I had to pick, I'd keep the Camaro. Fortunately, I don't.
Thanks for a honest review, only 15-16 years difference. That's understandable.
Hell, my friend has a new 150 that makes my 04 150 look like a dinosaur, but that $$ difference.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Thanks for a honest review, only 15-16 years difference. That's understandable.
Hell, my friend has a new 150 that makes my 04 150 look like a dinosaur, but that $$ difference.

Bang for the buck, the Cobra probably wins. Single owner Mystichrome coupes aren't exactly everywhere and it's not depreciating.

Holy crap this thread went off topic. I blame the mods. :p

Users who are viewing this thread