7.3L Godzilla Runs 10s, Stock, in a Cobra Jet

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure I believe that one. Totally stock and trapping 122 in at 4000+, I’d have to see it.

My car trapped 118 totally stock to the air filter in 3500 DA.

There are more documented 120+ runs than I can count on the East and Midwest in more favorable weather conditions.........

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Clinked on link that said that it ran a 10 sec quarter mile when it should have said 11 sec quarter mile.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
My car trapped 118 totally stock to the air filter in 3500 DA.

There are more documented 120+ runs than I can count on the East and Midwest in more favorable weather conditions.........
Yea, CJ setup is a gutted solid axle car that's what 3400lbs right?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
bingo, that th400 tranny, 4500 stall and 3200 lb car with driver had a lot to do with that ET...it's still cool though...just wait till guys really start messing this motor.

Absolutely agree. I think its a bad ass motor that would make a KILLER Fox body build where space is limited.

Side note.. i chuckled when the article mentioned the motor would be getting "cams" soon. Idiots.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Yeah, it's not about the car's setup. It's about how much potential this engine has as a cheap swap. There are going to be tons of these things in junkyards in the next few years and bolt-ons should hit 600hp and fully built all-motor setups pushing over 800hp. This motor is outrageous.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, it's not about the car's setup. It's about how much potential this engine has as a cheap swap. There are going to be tons of these things in junkyards in the next few years and bolt-ons should hit 600hp and fully built all-motor setups pushing over 800hp. This motor is outrageous.

Ford--"Playing catch-up to GM since, forever"

Yes, its exciting, but the LS has been doing this type of stuff for 25 years already.

Leave it to Ford to finally bring something to the field, only to have it offered at $7k lmaooooooooooooooo.

john11gt

Established Member

Yes, its exciting, but the LS has been doing this type of stuff for 25 years already.

Leave it to Ford to finally bring something to the field, only to have it offered at $7k lmaooooooooooooooo.

Well, yes but no.

how many factory 445ci LS motors are you pulling from the wrecking yard? I don’t know what the max will be for this engine but i would expect to get close to 500ci when stroked.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

To me it falls in line with being more in the average or on the lower side for a new engine. $7k is actually really cheap for a brand new motor out of the box, and especially for one with so much potential. I buy reman motors for cars that to the customer cost on average $3500-4500 and that is for every day, run of the mill vehicles. Remans for like BMWs is anywhere from $6k-11k which would be just for their basic 3.0L inline 6. A reman 5.7 HEMI Long Block is $6k alone so not even fully dressed.

Users who are viewing this thread